Getting Harley Regulated

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harley and Pattie, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Harley is on Lantus, 6.25 units AM, 5.75 PM. He is still running high BS. Usually 300's both AM & PM when I check. Whe I increase to 6.5 and 6, he get hypoglycemia with bs around 50. Due to work, I have been unable to do a full curve. Can I get any good information doing bs every 6 hours.

Pattie

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Getting a BG at +6 hours does provide some useful information. However, do you have data that say the low point is 6 hours? in some cats it is shorter or longer.

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Lantus dosing is actually done on that nadir, which is *usually* 6 hours after the shot. As mentioned some cats vary so getting some spot tests betwen +4 and +8 can help you find the nadir and then work on a good dosage. My Smokey was actually closer to +4 I believe. Preshot numbers are used for dosing adjustments much, just keeps us safely dosing.

Have you checked out the Lantus Support Group? In there the sticky threads are loaded with tons of information and the tight regulation protocol they follow on here is explained in detail. The Lantus dosing gals around here are amazing and have helped regulate many kitties and have helped many (like us) get of the juice completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.