Getting to the vet in time! What "forever" means.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Noah & me (GA), Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

While we have been suckered into an MRI and two totally unnecessary surgeries that's not a bad track record over 40 years. For only the third time in my life have I had a cat with urinary tract crystals. BJ was the first and as I was working 16 hour shifts he could have been hiding in that closet for 24 hours before I found him. That was a close call and very expensive.
    Marco and Lewis, two of our civvies, have both been zoomed to the vet at the first symptom and as a result both were discharged in an hour with an x-ray and meds, a follow-up appointment and daily phone checks. This is important, some things mean nothing, some are LIFE AND DEATH. Know your cat, know what to look for. If you don't know or suspect something that's why we're here. There's no such thing as a stupid question. I know there's a thousand other things that can go wrong but I just gave Marco his meds and he's sleeping on my pillow. Never mind the money, just think of what your cat would say if it could talk. Forever means just that.
    Head bumps to Marco!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.