Ginger in Norther Virginia needs a home!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Denise, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale

Dale Member

[​IMG]

Curious minds want to know who, what, where, WHEN :)

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Did we forget to ask....WHICH FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Mel, Maxwell and The Fur Gang

3. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

SORRY!!!!! :roll:

My foster mommy got caught in an emergency with another kitty and when start one it just seems to get going.

Now on to my BIG SECRET... well I think some have the wrong impression but I like my secret very very much :D

No it is not a new home YET... I am a patient girl though and I am really wearing my foster mommy down she even told me just today that she would really love to keep me if only her two grumpy girls would let me stay and we not be mean to each other. My foster mommy says I have such an amazing sparkle in my eyes and that I now with my special news people should start beating down the door to love me forever and ever.

My foster mommy took me to the vets today. I didn't want to go but she made me anyway. I don't like those loud car rides... but I was a very good girl. Then the vet weighed me and I weigh only a little less than I did last time (was 11 lbs now 10.8 lbs) I still know I am just simply perfect though and could win any body building award :lol:

Then the vet poked me and I didn't like that but I saw my foster mommy from the corner of my eye and that made me feel better. Okay now the big secret that might not be so big to you all.

My foster mommy has not had to give me ANY insulin for the last 2+ weeks. That is right I have been OTJ WOO HOO ;-) and I am not showing any signs or problems. This means anyone who wants to take me home and love me and pet me won't have to do any insulin BUT they will still have to keep a close eye on my BG by spot checks and make sure I get the right food. I will take care of the exercise all by myself.

I am going to be the best new fur kid for someone. I will run to them at top speed when they come home from work and will listen and then tell them about my own day. I will rev my motor everytime they pick me up and I give awesome eye lid kisses. I will make she to rub my cheeks over every part of them and will keep them entertained for hours watching me exercise and play. I like one of my foster moms kitties (Honey). We even touched noses and she knows not to come to me if I don't want her to. She has a really nice motor too. I bet I can teach her some real neat kitty tricks. I also promise that anyone who takes me home I will actually come running to them when they call my name.

So thats the big secret... maybe not the news you hoped for but GREAT NEWS TO ME.

4. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

OTJ is the best news ever, well okay, getting your furrever home would be best ever, but this is second best news ever. Now your foster mom can tell so many rescues about how diet can really change things and that sweethearts like you really can be the purrfect companion for anyone.

Tunaritas all around!!!

5. MommaOfMuse

We iz doin the Happy Dance here for you Ginger!!!!

OTJ is just about the bestest news eber....well a furever home and OTJ would hab been the bestest news. Now wez just gotz 2 work on dat furever home.

Tunarita and sardines for all

Mel, Maxwell and The Fur Gang.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I was wondering if maybe you were preggos. I'm so happy to hear the news that you are OTJ!!!!!! Congratulations. :mrgreen:
    You are such a special girl. I know you will find a very nice furever home. The right person, is just making up their mind
    and starting to search for you.

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

8. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

otj_icon [​IMG] otj_icon​

9. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Talk about your short happy dance :cry:

I noticed some sticky pee this morning in Ginger's litter box :shock: :?:

I looked at Ginger and I think she read my mind. Out comes the glucometer and around she starts running and meowing at me... Grrrr it 4AM sweetie and I have to get the others fed and shower and get to work. We gotta get it done to make you feel better. nailbite_smile

234 ohmygod_smile

.5 units of Lantus for you sweetie...

:YMSIGH: Back on the juice I guess... Lots more testing in our future. So close and yet so far.

We will get there Ginger, we will get there. :-|

10. MommaOfMuse

Awwww bummer.

Hang in there Ginger, mommy is right you'll get there just not quite yet. :cry:

Mel, Maxwell and The Fur Gang

11. traceyg

traceyg Member

We will get there Ginger, we will get there.>>

Sorry Ginger I missed all your news. Sorry to hear you are back on the juice. Glad to hear you are still being well taken care of. . .

12. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

SSSSHHHHHH.... My foster mom doesn't know I am on here (giggle giggle)....

I feel so much better now that mommy noticed the sticky pee and tested me and then started my insulin. I love my shots so much. I completely know they are the reason why I feel good and that is why as soon as I see the needle I come running and purring. I really don't like that ear thing though. I think my foster mommy should just play and play and play some more with me. That is so much more fun. I don't get mad really at her for it but I know what is coming and I get super excited. I also already figured out that if she has a towel in her hand its time to start running... My foster mom needs the exercise too.

I met Pishi( very tall regal tuxedo male - foster) and Toosi( little but very plump british blue shorthair - foster) today. Pishi was kind of cool and seemed like he might be fun to play with even if he walks funny but his girlfriend is extra crabby. She was so rude to me and hissed at me so I hissed back at her. Sheesh, I don't want her silly ole boyfriend I just wanna play. After she grumbled at me I looked at my foster mommy and told her and then ran to my favorite new play spot. My new play spot is really cool I can run really fast around in this circle and move the toys and they dont get out. My foster mommy called it a bath tub... Whatever I like it.

I figure I might do alright OTJ sometime soon just not right now. I love my foster mommy bits and bunches but I sure wish I could have a real forever home soon. She is really nice and I love playing with her but I think I would really like to have a family where they will let me share the bed with them at night, especially during those stupid loud and wet noises I keep hearing right outside the window sometimes.

UH OH... sssshhhhh gotta go my foster mommy is coming. Don't tell her I was here. It's our little secret :razz:

13. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Bump...

Heavy sigh...

14. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

ps...

... it's okay, ginger. mommy doesn't know i can type either...

head butts and paw pats,
    your friend from a distance, nikki

15. traceyg

traceyg Member

but I think I would really like to have a family where they will let me share the bed with them at night, especially during those stupid loud and wet noises I keep hearing right outside the window sometimes.>>

Perhaps your foster Mommy can do what I did with Missy. She couldn't be around other cats. I was her Foster mom. Well my home turned into her forever home. . . however before it was her forever home and after it was her forever home I would switch off and ever once in a while sleep with her inside of the other kitties. . . it was kind of nice to sleep with Missy. Now is that a run on sentance or what . . . It was kind of nice to be the sole person to get her affection. . . The other cats weren't crazy about it in the begining but they adpated.

16. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

I have actually camped out in her room often before. It is sort of a getting to know and bonding that I do with all fosters that stay with me. Some times though I feel so bad that I can't continually do it. Poor Ginger has been with me 6 months and there has not been any real inquiries on her. She is so beautiful and so ubber sweet. Silly people just don't know what they are missing.

On a side note... has anyone ever noticed when attempting to go off the juice or even before their kitties were regulated that a red spot or mark would show up on the kitties body. I ask because I had noticed when I took Ginger OTJ and about two days before the notice of sticky pee and a spot check I found a red mark (almost like a rash) between her eye and ear. Thought she might be having an allergic reaction but couldn't understand from what so I just catuiously kept watch on it. Now though that I started her back on insulin the rash has completely gone. Is this a possible symptom of lack of insulin because I had not heard of this before with other sugar babies?

17. MommaOfMuse

18. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

I've never experienced this with either Giz or Nikki, although Nik sometimes gets bumps on either her neck or chin. Her vet wasn't worried and just called them occasional skin bumps...

Speaking of bumps... Bumping!

Love and hugs for you and all you do, and for Ginger...
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, forever dancing in my heart...

19. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

20. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I just saw the pictures on Diabetic Cats in Need's facebook page. Her eyes are stunning, she's a beautiful girl. Someone is going to be very lucky to have her, she has such soul that shows in her eyes :)

21. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

BUMP!

Clicked on the link; but, it's telling me it's unavailable... Doesn't matter, I know her eyes are gorgeous. She's gorgeous.

Sigh...

BUMP!

Love and let's get this beautiful girl a forever home kind of encouraging hugs!
    Deb and Nikki (no, mommy. remember i'm an only...) -- and, Giz, forever dancing in my heart...

22. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

well boogers... how do I get the picture in here again?

23. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

24. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Ginger is beyond gorgeous!

Heavy, heavy, sigh...

BUMP!!!

Love and obviously breathy hugs,
    Deb and Nikki (i'm an only who rescued mommy, ginger, so stop staring at her...) -- and, Giz, who sent me Nikki...

25. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

she is a beauty! I already have 2 that don't get along. I wish I could help. When the time comes to get another kitty, you better believe it'll be a sugarcat. You'll find your furever home, Ginger!

26. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

27. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

She is soooooo beautiful!! I wish I could take her, but I doubt my calico would be too pleased with another calico girl in the house. :-(

28. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

I'm just letting you all know, I will bump forever and a day until this beautiful furry girl is adopted.

I would adopt her in a heartbeat, except I have an only... Also with incredible eyes...

Love and sighing hugs for Ginger,
    Deb and Nikki (no, mommy! no!) -- and, Giz, who sent me Nikki...

30. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm just doing a [​IMG] for Ginger.

Hope you're doing okay, Pretty Girl [​IMG]

31. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

32. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Bumping this most incredibly beautiful furry girl, hopefully straight into someone's heart...

If wish were a kiss...

Sigh...

Love and hugs to one and all -- and especially, Ginger.
    Deb and Nikki (no, mommy, no!) -- and, Giz, who taught me all living with an only, and sent me one...

33. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

I think we're looking at Ginger's plight all wrong,

What we need is someone who doesn't have a cat. Okay, someone who doesn't have a cat who lives near one of us, so we can teach them the joys of dancing with a sugar cat.

I think this new approach could work.

Thinking of friends and neighbors who might want a cat who live close to me... I might have one. Somebody else might have two. Somebody else might have three...

Rethinking whilst bumping the incredible delight that would be waking up with Ginger...

Much love and countless rethinking hugs,
    Deb and Nikki (NO! ONLY!!!!!! IN THE LEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) -- and, Giz, who sent me Nikki, who apparently has legal training... Giz always had a wondrous sense of humor...

34. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Oh Deb I think you would have been a wonderful Mommy for Ginger. That is who I need to find someone like you. Thank you all for trying so hard to find a furever home for this girl.

I have 5 fosters now in my home and the sad thing is that Ginger is the only one well enough right now to even attend the adoption fairs.

Poor girl doesn't like the fairs very much and tends to hide under her purrpad unless I am there giving her hug and kisses and scritches. Then she is purring it up. Boy is this not her at my house though. She is running around nonstop wanting to play and talk and be around me. She has turned into quiet the little shadow. If only I can get someone to see how wonderful she is and easy to care for and love.

One day... one day she is going to have that life and she will be loved and cared for and live her happily ever after

35. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Oh Ronda,

If only...

She's an absolute furry doll. One day, someone will see her and know this in their heart.

Bump...

Much love and countless adopting kind of hugs,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, forever dancing in my heart...

36. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Bumping with love and hugs,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, who taught me about loving and dancing with a sugar cat and who sent me Nikki when I was finally ready...

37. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

I will bump forever and a day for Ginger, if that's what it takes...

Everyone, please think about your family, neighbors, and friends, who might be willing to fall in love...

Yes, Ginger is an only. Hey, it took a spider showing up in my bathroom for a few days and I named Charlotte to realize I was ready to love again. It happens. Nikki zoomed in to rescue me! Ginger could zoom in to rescue someone else's heart, right?

Low carb food for thought...

Love and countless hopeful hugs,
    Deb and Nikki (only!!!) -- and, Giz, who taught me to dance...

38. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

39. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Still bumping...

40. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Yes, I'm still bumping...

41. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Hi everyone, and, of course, all you precious sweet furries,

Do you know the sound your car makes when you have a flat tire? Kind of thump, thump, thump... And then you have to pull over and basically clean out your trunk on the side of the road so you can find the jack and the donut spare tire. And then you sigh because you know you'll probably get dirty while you jack up your car and struggle with those lug nuts. And then you pull off the flat, roll/carry it back to the trunk, and put on the donut. And then you tighten those lug nuts, and put the jack and the rest of the stuff that's lying on the side of the road back in the trunk. And then you figure out where the nearest service station is while looking for a tissue or something to wipe off your hands.

Okay, I suppose you could call AAA. But, that would defeat my purpose here...

Someone here on the FDMB, or perhaps someone knows someone else who might just have a flat tire of their heart. Their heart is still thump, thump, thumping along; but, there's something missing. There's a sadness, a lack of joy. Perhaps even a feeling of isolation or loneliness. So, how do you fix a flat tire of the heart? I mean, there is no AAA for hearts. Okay, there are cardiologists; but, I'm not talking a physical heart malady.

Well, there is a way. And her name is Ginger! And, she's a lot more fun, far less hassle -- and much cleaner -- than changing a flat tire on your car. Ginger could fix the flat tire of someone's heart. How? Love. Even better, someone could permanently fix the flat tire of Ginger's heart.

So, let's recap. Thump, thump, thump? Or, bump, bump, bump as she races all around your heart.

Much love and countless hopeful hugs for Ginger and someone,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, who taught me the joy of a cat racing all around my heart, and who sent me Nikki!

42. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

43. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Re: Ginger in Northern Virginia needs a home!!

Still bumping...

44. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Bumping so everyone can see Ronda's first photo of Ginger!

45. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

hi ginger,

it's me, nikki. mommy's asleep because she's been too sick to bump.

so, i'm head butting you instead!

head butts and paw pats,
    your furry friend, nikki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.