~ Gingers Final Report Received ~

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lori in Ohio, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori in Ohio

Lori in Ohio Member

Ginger 4-1-1999 to 10-18-2010

I received Ginger's Final report of her diagnosis from the Emergency Hospital.
    It totally confuses me as to why nothing would show up in her blood work or urinalysis she had 10 days before and how fast something bad can happen.

Date: 10/17/2010 - 10/18/2010
    Diagnosis: Hyperosmolar diabetes mellitus
    Hypernatremia - severe
    Azotemia
    Euthanasia

Summary:
    Ginger was hospitalized on 10/17/2010 for Hyperosmolar diabetes mellitus, severe hypernatremia, and
    azotemia. She was obtunded and hypothermic at presentation with lipemic serum. She was treated
    overnight with IV fluids as well as regular insulin.
    Ginger had mild clinical improvement overnight (she could sit sternal and responded to stimuli), and her
    serum sodium and blood glucose improved.

Nevertheless, hyperosmolar diabetes mellitus carries a poor
    to grave prognosis for both survival to hospital discharge and long-term survival. I suspect that Ginger
    had both renal insufficiency and pancreatitis. Other possible causes for her hyperosmolar and
    hypernatremic state include kidney infection, heart failure, sepsis, or a brain tumor. Ginger was
    euthanized due to the severity of clinical signs and her poor long-term prognosis.

Attached Files:

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Lori)))))

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

So So sorry!! We are all grieving for you!

4. Kathy&Powder

Kathy&Powder Member

{{{{Lori}}}}] So so sorry for Ginger's crossing the Rainbow Bridge. Your story of Ginger is so precious few have raised their kitties and are the only reason they lived. You were Ginger's real mom.
    I know it may be little comfort but she is there with you in spirit now and forever. Please take care of you and hug that BabiBear. You can give comfort to each other. Love and light to you and yours.

5. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

what a beautiful picture of your girl...

(((Lori)))

6. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

things can happen very fast, lori. we're going thru this with a severe bladder infection in my cat cleo. she went from great at vet visit 2 weeks prior to down in an instant, collapsing and exhausted, and it took a lot of tests and days of misdirection before we found out what was wrong.

you did the only thing you could, which is to fight to save her life and then decide to free her from pain. we all feel your loss. (((Lori)))

7. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

You have tons of prayers and healing vines coming to you, Lori. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

8. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

((((Lori & Babibear))))

9. Eva and Achilles

Eva and Achilles Member

I'm so sorry Lori.

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Lori,
    Stu also declined rapidly and was so much sicker than we could possibly have imagined. The kitties hide their pain until they can't keep it from us any longer. They are truly heroic beings. Now they are free of pain and safe in our hearts. Treasure your memories of beautiful Ginger, and hold your Babibear close.

(((((Lori and Babibear)))))

Ella

11. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

((((( Lori & Babibear ))))) I am so sorry. Kitties are indeed stoic heroes - they hide pain so very well, keeping so much from all us humans. I know that Ginger will live on forever in your heart.

12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Lori....we are so very sorry for your loss, pain, and sorrow. You love your Ginger very much and did all you could for her. She will always be with you and now she is free of pain at the RB.

13. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((Lori)))))))))))))))) I am so sorry for your loss. Under standing may help and I hope someone can answer your questions soon.

14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Lori. (((((((((Big Hugs))))))))
    Thanks for the picture. She is very beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
    I hope Babibear is feeling just an eensy teensy bit better today.

15. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Lori)))))))))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.