Girlie: CBD for arthritis suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I've been offline for a while, I know! Life has intervened with another surgery (for me) and older parent issues. But Girlie is doing well on a drop: steady as a rock. She's 20 years old and doing well. I'm in the U.S. for a brief while to try to look after mom. Anyway, it great to see some lovely familiar faces!

While I'm here, I thought I might pick up some CBD oil or capsules to try for Girlie's arthritis. Any suggestions on brands or dosages? It's HUGELY expensive and hard to get in Australia, so I thought I'd try to get some here.

I hope everyone is well!

Darrah

2. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

I use CBD for my civvie Tiger. IMO the easiest form to use for a pet is CBD isolate powder - it's tasteless and odorless so you just put a tiny bit in the food - I give him about 15-20 mg twice a day and it seems to help his arthritis. Powder is also pure and very light and compact. Be aware there could be legal problems in transporting it to Australia so be careful.

Here's a page with recommendations, plus you may find the site helpful: https://cbdoilusers.com/cbd-oil-recommendations-pure-isolate/

And here's the scoops I use to measure the stuff :D https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B077VSD8H2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I have arthritis from a long series of orthopedic misadventures and the pain is worse than some stupid Advil commercial. I don't know how this equates to cats but pain is pain so keep in mind what I did for Noah. Transdermal BUPE saved him from a life of utter misery.
    Cat's and dogs just put up with pain and accept it, no moaning and groaning. We're obligated to help them.
    BUPE should not be treated lightly or as a cure-all, it's just something to keep in mind.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Is adequan available

5. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

This thread recommends two CBD oils, from ElleVet and Charlotte's Web.

6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I recently talked to someone from Charlotte's Web. They told me a Cat's Metabolism is slower than a dogs. They said the CBD is processed in the liver & if I give it to my cat I need to be careful with the dose. I'm only giving 3 drops now.
    Next week I'll call The Realm of Caring ( 719 347-5400 or Email info@the roc.us ) I was advised to ask them about the correct dosage for a cat. ElleVet has recently developed CBD especially for Felines. I'll be contacting them with questions also.

They are both expensive around $75. I also read that when some of the CBD Oil was tested it barely contained any cannabidiol.( even popular brands) You need to be careful what you buy.
    My vet told me the Paws by Charlotte's Web & Ellevet where the ones recommended by Cornell University.
    I'll check out the CBD isolate powder & try to contact Cornell University about it also.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member