Give Insulin early question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherrib, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

Insulin early question , isn’t it okay to give insulin 2 hours early? I use PMZ 2 u.

I’m got off track , was driving to Go see relatives for Easter and I got two hours behind on skittles dose. I thought I was told that it would be OK to give it to him two hours early for his p.m. shot but I want to double check and see if there’s anybody here that can help me before I do it. I’m exhausted after driving I really want to go to bed but I can’t let him get all messed up anymore.

2. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

Give it early, a hour earlier at he was already a 317. We traveled today to come see my beach house and the first night his Numbers run a little bit high for just flat out hot. I’ll have to keep an extra ion him tomorrow but as of now it is 315 in the morning and we all need to get in bed
    My password keeps messing up and I don’t know why , I’ve asked for help but didn’t get anything so if anybody hasn’t seen me in every 24 hours what’s I’m having trouble please email me because then that means I can’t get back in again
    SherriRbrandt@gmail.com
    Thank you
    I love this group. I might not post all the time, but I’m here reading and I post when I know I can helps.

JanetNJ likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

ProZinc insulin (or similar) allows up to about an hour's flexibilty in dose timing. Beyond that I'd readjust back to the regular time in a couple of 30 minute increments.

sherrib likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.