Glad i found you all !!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lorraine Edwards, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Hi my name is Lorraine, I am really pleased to find you all, I am a newbie and am about a month into the madness of caring for a diebetic cat, whose name is Molly. I look forward to chatting to you all

2. Lori & Lulu

Lori & Lulu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the best forum in the world (imho). My Lulu was diagnosed about a month and a half ago and the information and support on this site have been a lifesaver.

3. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hello Lorraine and extra-sweet Molly, and welcome to FDMB! :bighug:

4. TigzMom

TigzMom Member

Hi there! Tiggy was diagnosed on the 14th of this month, so I am familiar with what you're going through. Everyone here is fantastically supportive. Welcome aboard!

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB, the best place you never wanted to be.

There are 4 things you'll need to manage your kitty's diabetes:
    - You - without your commitment, the following won't work
    - Low carb over the counter canned or raw diet, such as Friskies pates. See Cat Info for more info,
    - A long-lasting insulin such as ProZinc, Lantus, BCP PZI, or Levemir
    - And home blood glucose monitoring with an inexpensive human glucometer such as the WalMart Relion Confirm or Target Up and Up (the pet ones will break your budget!)

6. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Hi thanks for your welcome, how are you getting on with treating Lulu? are your nerves shot! lol Lorraine

7. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Thanks Tigzmom, thanks for the welcome, yes I am sure you are fully aware of how it is with such a recent diagnosis, I have found the help on the site invaluable!! How's things going for you?

8. TigzMom

TigzMom Member

:cat:Great! Tiggy has not had to have any insulin in the last few days. Fingers crossed! The diet change made a HUGE difference! From starting at 421, to now down to the 100's (his AMPS this morning was 121), so no shot! He also seems to be more like his "usual" chatty self. I'm sure he feels much better now that his UTI is gone too! Hope all is going well with you too!

9. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Ahhhh that's amazing well done you !!!! Nice to hear some great news, im sure he feels much better all round, keep up the good work and have a :coffee: Lorraine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.