Glad I found you!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chachi's Mom, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chachi's Mom

Chachi's Mom Member

My boy Chachi (8 years old) was just diagnosed yesterday with diabetes and the vets office hasn't been much help! He has been dealing with Inflammatory Bowel Disease and now this. I have so many questions and concerns. I am so glad I found you guys!

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB to you and Chachi. What a handsome guy! Sorry you find yourself needing us but so happy you found us. This is a remarkable community with an amazing amount of experience and knowledge about most things feline. We're here to help in any way we can so come join us over on the Health Forum HERE and ask any and all questions you have. We all know how shocking a diagnosis of diabetes is and when there are other health issues, that just makes it seem that much more overwhelming. Diabetes is totally manageable and while there is a bit of a learning curve at the beginning, we are here to help you figure it all out and get Chachi on the road to better health. :)

Chachi's Mom likes this.
  3. Chachi's Mom

Chachi's Mom Member

Thank you! I've learned a lot more from your forum today than I have from the vets office the last 3 days. Its becoming a little less scary...

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

You are not the first person to come here feeling like they were set out to sea without a paddle and you won't be the last. We give out free paddles here! ;)

5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Chachi. I am so glad you found FDMB and can take advantage of the information and support here. It's the best place to be to help Chachi feel better and learn how to manage the diabetes, as well as help out with the IBD.
    If you can take a few minutes, would you please make a signature so that we can read Chachi's pertinent info when you post?

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

Best wishes going forward :cat:

Chachi's Mom likes this.
  6. MrWorfMen's Mom

@Idjit's mom Unfortunately, Chachi's Mom is having some problems posting due to the safeguards built in to prevent the spamming attacks we've seen happen all too often here.. Hopefully that issue will get resolved soon! :)

Chachi's Mom likes this.
  7. Idjit's mom

I do hope that resolves right away, thanks for letting me know.

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

@Chachi's Mom are you still having trouble posting? Wonder if me tagging you might clear the way.

Chachi's Mom likes this.
  9. Chachi's Mom

Chachi's Mom Member

Thank you for all your help. It may take a little bit for me to get use to using this Forum but I'm excited for Chachi and I to be a part!

10. MrWorfMen's Mom

The forum can be a bit mind boggling at times especially on a tablet or phone but you're doing great. Just holler if you have any questions (once you can post without issues;)).

Chachi's Mom likes this.
  11. Ludes

Ludes Member

I’m new too. I have no clue how to post questions. My diabetic cat looks just like yours!!

Chachi's Mom likes this.
  12. Ludes

Ludes Member

Could you help me? How do we make a post. Thank you

13. Idjit's mom

Ludes, I see that you have found how to post and have a thread started in the Main Health forum. Good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.