Glad to meet y'all

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by NashvilleCats, Sep 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NashvilleCats

NashvilleCats New Member

My 16 y o girl was diagnosed Tuesday. We've been doing shots a few days now.

Honestly I'm a little overwhelmed by the thought of having to keep her on such a rigid shot schedule - setting the alarm on Saturday morning to give her a shot at 8 AM was not fun - but she's a good girl who's never caused a minutes' trouble so I'm going to try.

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be great advice!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! Having to give shots every twelve hours and test blood glucose periodically (hopefully, you plan to do that - it is very important!) definitely impacts life, but it is one of those sacrifices you make for love (and responsibility). You will adjust as we all have. Change is always hardest in the beginning. The reward will be seeing your baby feel better.

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good morning and welcome! yep, setting that alarm is not a fun deal (our times were 6 am and 6 pm) but it is worth it. I hope you are either already home testing or reading about it, it's the best tool you have to keep Tweeter safe. She's a lovely girl! There are components to helping her feel better, the home testing, diet and the insulin support. If you haven't already, start with reading the "Getting Started" on the Home page, then the "Education" section. Please post your questions and concerns on the Feline Health (the Main Forum) so that more members can see and respond. I look forward to getting to know you and Tweeter better.

4. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Fellow Southerner!

I’m a little south of you near Huntsville, Alabama. There are many great, knowledgeable members on the forums here who are ready to help you with advice and, when needed, some virtual handholding. Take some deep breaths, a good look around and keep coming back to get your questions answered. Sure it’s life changing and overwhelming at times but doable. We’ve all been where you are now.

5. NashvilleCats

NashvilleCats New Member

Thanks so much to all y'all, as we say here in Nashville! :) Can tell I've definitely come to the right place. I found my girl orphaned as a tiny kitty and bottle fed her from a scrap (which is why her name is 'Tweet', sometimes Tweety or Tweets - she used to make that noise as a baby.) No way I'm going to let her suffer horribly - had another kitty for 20 years I now realize was likely diabetic and certainly regret not realizing how sick he was till it was too late.

She does seem better already. I'm getting side eye when she gets a shot but I think she's realizing now she's only going to get treats when she gets shots so it is starting to work out a little better.

The pic of her is a few years old, she's lost some weight and her coat looks a bit scruffier, but she's still my baby girl. :) Hope she's up jumping on the kitchen table again soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.