Glucocard Vital meters

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mags920, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mags920

Mags920 Member

Has anyone used this type of meter for testing their cats? I just opened a new box of test strips only to realize I bought the wrong ones, got Prime instead of Confirm. I have my father's Glucocard Vital & approx 100 strips so I used that. My question is whether or not the safe range of 50-120 is the same as the ReliOn? I can't get to Walmart until tomorrow so if anyone knows the answer please let me know ASAP as it's time for Houston's insulin. Thanks.

2. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

I asked this last week and the short answer to your question is yes.

I have three different meters. They all read something different, but the relions tend to be closer. Glucocard is made by the same company.

Walmart no longer sells the confirm strips. :/

3. Mags920

Mags920 Member

Thanks, Houston's # was 146 with the 2nd meter so had me wondering whether or not to give him his insulin not knowing if the range was the same. When did they stop selling the confirm strips? The Prime strips actually fit the Glucocard I have so no money lost there.

4. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

I was there last week when we had to switch meters. We checked them against each other and The accu-check we are now using runs a little higher than the relion.

That doesn't surprise me. I might do a side by side test with the strips that go with it, just to make sure.

Not sure, but it has been a while. We found out the hard way when we turned up at the store -- a few years later -- trying to get strips for the micro.
    You can still get strips that work, but they are glucocard strips and you'll have to order them. I'll see if I can find the link.

5. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

6. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

The Wal-Mart where I live sales the Confirm 50 count, but they are always behind the pharmacist counter and you have to ask for them.

Tina and Boozle likes this.
  7. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

Nice! They no longer sell them here and several other Wal-marts. I guess it's worth an ask, then.

8. Mags920

Mags920 Member

I just went on line & my local Walmart (not a 24hr store) has 6 50ct boxes in stock.

9. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

10. Mags920

Mags920 Member

Thanks, going to have to suck it up & go buy all the strips in stock & test side by side with the Glucocard. I quit working there 2 mos ago & haven't been in since, hate that place.

11. Mags920

Mags920 Member

Went to hell after Houston's vet appt & there wasn't 1 box of the test strips on the shelves, all they had were the ones I bought by mistake. Just going to have to use the Glucocard & hope the readings are similar to the ReliOn.

12. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

The Relion Confirm strips are ONLY kept behind the pharmacy counter now - you have to ask for them. Only in 50 counts size too. My Walmart has no problem getting them but since the meter is being discontinued, they removed the shelf space.

The Glucocard 01 meter is the same as the Relion Confirm and reads the same. The Prime also reads the same. I have used all 3 fairly recently.

13. Mags920

Mags920 Member

Thanks. I was just able to order from walmart.com & will receive Tues 1/08. Yesterday they didn't allow shipping. The order max was 4 so that's what I ordered, probably won't need them as Houston's infection is almost gone & his #s are starting to go down.

14. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

Wal-mart is goofy, especially their site. We asked about strips again and still no joy. She said they won't be carrying them, even though the site says the store has them. We ordered 100 strips from ADW, but they are just here in case we have an issue with the other meter. When they get close to being dated, I'll see if anyone here wants them.

15. Mags920

Mags920 Member

I ran out of the Glucocard strips & tried the Prime, they fit but don't read. Had to go back to walmart & they had 4 boxes of 50 ct behind the Pharmacy counter & I took them all. They were completely sold out of the Prime meters. This is getting crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.