Glucometer

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RRaptor, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

AlphaTrak test strips are so expensive and I'm still trying to get Olivia regulated / testing often. Is the freestyle lite what most folks are using in place of a pet calibrated monitor?

2. Leah

Leah Member

A lot of us use the relion from Walmart. I use the micro and love it. Very small drop of blood needed and the strips aren't too expensive.

Alicia & Chester and RRaptor like this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

In an Alphatrak you can use freestyle lite, freestyle insulinx (I use these... I buy them on eBay) or newly released Petsure strips (available on amazon)

Rain7 likes this.
  4. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

You can use them in the AT2? Are they reasonably reliable?

Rain7 likes this.
  5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the freestyle lite or petsure, but someone else recently did a comparison.

Here's my comparison with the insulinx strips. 3525BA5D-C08F-46AF-A865-2C074F9ED64E.png

Rain7 and RRaptor like this.
  6. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

I use the Freestyle Lite and get 50 strips for $33 or so on Amazon.com. I'm thinking of getting the Relion Micro from Walmart. Strips are about $20 for 50, I believe.

Rain7 and RRaptor like this.
  7. Rain7

Rain7 Member

I'll second using the Freestyle Insulinx strips with the Alpha Trak 2 meter. I have been doing this for over a month now, and have had no problems. The readings are reliable, I think, and very similar to the golden Alpha Trak strips. They are $30 (roughly) for 100 strips on Amazon. I have JanetNJ to thank for introducing me to these much less expensive strips. Now if only I could get the super expensive food that he requires to be more cost effective...Oh well, as we all know, it is an expensive disease, no matter how you slice it. We have all learned that, or will in time. But, of course, our babies are worth it, and I know most (or hopefully all) of you would agree with me on that.

JanetNJ and RRaptor like this.
  8. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

Thanks everyone! I bought a Relion confirm and I'll look into the insulix strips, too.

Rain7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.