GA Glucose test

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kelly Glassburn, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly Glassburn

Kelly Glassburn New Member

I just tested Buzz on a relion micro. His number was 190. Is this too low for his shot?
    I know 50 is the low; what is the high?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Kelly.....It'll help if you'll fill out some information in your signature so we don't have to keep asking the same questions like:

Your name/cats name, age, sex, date of diagnosis, type of insulin, type of meter, type of food, other health issues? and maybe a general location.....and then we need to get you using our spreadsheet to record your data

Here are the Instructions for getting the FDMB spreadsheet ....if you have any problems, let us know and we can set it up for you!

You're using Vetsulin? We generally say not to shoot under 200 so until we have more data on Buzz, I'd probably just skip tonight

One thing.....the GA is the prefix we use for our kitties who have "Gone Ahead" or who are now our "Guardian Angel"

3. Kelly Glassburn

4. Kelly Glassburn

I have filled out my signature at least 3 times now, but for some reason, it never takes, & just kicks out everything that I type. I also don't know where the GA came from. I get very frustrated with not only posting, but with some of the replies. I post when I have questions regarding my cats health, not to get a lesson on what formality is.

5. Kelly Glassburn

I apologize. I'm not trying to be nasty, but navigating this board is incredibly frustrating. As I stated above, I've tried numerous times to enter our info on the signature page, but it's like if you don't put everything in there the first time, you can't ever go back to update it. I just post questions as they come up, & because this board is so difficult, more often than not, I just post because I need the help. I probably don't use this tool as much as I should, not only because of frustration, but someone always upsets me with their "I should know better," attitude. We are still only a few months in, & are learning every day. I use my own spreadsheet system, that works for us. I just don't need the added stress of feeling as if I'm not doing enough, & there's always a comment that eludes to the fact that I don't know as much as I should.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Make sure when you've entered the information that you click "Save Changes" at the botton

7. Chris & China (GA)

Please don't take it that way.....I'll be more than happy to do your signature for you as well as start your spreadsheet link and teach you how to use it. Just send me a Private Message by clicking on my sign on name and choosing "Start Conversation".....we can then work together to get everyone done and get you concentrating on getting your sweet Buzz

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  8. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly,
    Since you are keeping your own spreadsheet, is it possible to either post a link to it (if it's online) or to post a photo of recent test results? (Or indeed write them out manually?)
    Seeing recent data will enable folks to see how Buzz is responding to the insulin, and this information makes it much easier (and safer) to advise on whether it's OK to give Buzz a shot at, say, 190. :)

Eliz

9. Kelly Glassburn

I do write it out manually, on a calender. That way, everyone in the house has a track record, of his numbers.
    I will definitely be in touch after work, to focus on better understanding of this board. Thanks for the help!

10. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

You can look at how low he drops after a shot of a given dose to decide if you think it safe to shoot. Starting out, we suggest new folk not shoot below 200 mg/dL until they have mid-cycle data showing it would be safe.
    If no one has shared the Vetsulin/Caninsulin guide link, here it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.