go lori & tom!!! (newbie kits)

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

saw your sticky, that is awesome that you can help out Cindy with the kits, go lori!!!! (hoping everything is ok with Cindy....?)

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Joanne, actually Cindy has passed on the torch and moved on for the time being.
    It's too good of a program to let it go and Cindy and I don't live far from one another so she brought what she had over here. A plethora of supplies! She is just fine, but needs a break from the board. So here goes...waiting for my first newbie. I posted it on health and lantus in the hopes of getting not only newbie's but supplies and financial support from the old timers and perhaps those otj.
    Hate to see all the folks leaving the island. but good for squishy huh? I think he was on the juice for like a whole 4 weeks it seems.

3. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking this on, Lori! It is too important to let it go. Even just knowing it is available provides encouragement to test, IMO!

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Yeah, those kitties like the squishers make me so jealous (in a good way though)! They come & go so fast, but I love the good news, and knowing that when they move on it's for a great reason!!!! I wonder if I had gotten Bix on canned food right away when he was diagnosed if he would have been one of those quicky kitties too. Oh well, maybe not b/c of the steroids he's on. :YMSIGH:

I'll add you to my donations list for when I win the lottery. :lol: Yes, I still have hope!!! Or plan B, I am learning Blackjack strategy this weekend. :roll: Yeah, not holding my breath on that paying off!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

joanna 10 to 1 it is becuase of the steroids. you know how many kitties become diabetic becuase of just 1 steroid shot? ALOT!
    I was on steroids during my chemo treatments and the warning label on the bottle said it will cause a rise in blood sugars. oh well....do whatcha gotta do i guess.

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

chemo... :evil: ... sorry you had to go through that :YMHUG:

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

joanna that was 2 years ago, i seem to be all better now. lymphoma. better not come back because i'm in no mood for that 'treatment' ever ever again. horrendous!

8. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Lori,
    That is just super cool of you to take on!!! Wow. And it is such a great thing - I'm so very grateful that you will continue the flame. :YMHUG:

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gator I MISS YOU and god knows we need you! I was going to send you an email but it's been hectic here. are you back yet? wishing you the best and hope to see more of you!

10. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

The plan is to be back to SoCal next week sometime. I have some overdue projects to work on on my return but I should be around more then. I'm in Richmond VA right now - - super hot and humid! I heard SoCal got hit with a monster heat wave but it looks ooooo so nice right now. Supposed to go fishin' on the James today. Went crabbin' in MD and that was fun. Mmmm crab! Ya'll are doing a great job holding down the fort as it were ;-) You and Joanna [and many others] rock! Seems maybe some renewed interest in PZI too from some of the other insulins.... I really think keeping the PZI flame alive is important -- despite the wicked step child rap. "Old heads" are important in this.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well if you live near the beach that 'monster heat wave' lasted only 5 days...the rest of the summer has been foggy, overcast and chilly. HATE THAT june gloom straigth thru july!
    but i think you go inland about 10 miles and it's nice and HOT
    Lori

12. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Lori on the newbie kit thing! :) (quickly scanned what was posted).

With regards to heat, try Texas. Nothing but hot days (mid to upper 90's, and even the occasional over 100 thrown in for good measure)... Oh, and oh the humidity!!! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.