Gomez PMPS 273, +1 260, +2 213, +4 161, +5 173, +6 270, +8 - 486

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by FluffBunny, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

I know this is probably silly, but Gomez's drop in numbers today has me a little concerned about giving him 2 units tonight.

This morning, he ate 1/2 can of FF (much to my surprise) and about 1/8 cup of Royal Canin dry diabetic food. His numbers today have been much better than they have been. Is it still safe to give him 2 units tonight. I am planning to give him FF again for dinner to see if he will eat it.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I actually think it’s time for an increase to 2.25u, you have not seen any greens and if I’m right the Royal canin dry cat food is high in carbs, will he not just eat ff, I think you would see lower number if you remove the RC
    You’ve been on 2u for 5 days and not seen anything below a 273, I would increase and maybe see a blue
    I’m sure others will weigh in
    You want to see blues and dark green numbers

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I would shoot. You want numbers to drop throughout the 12 he cycle.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Have you been giving less of the RC dry and more of the FF? That will impact him having lower numbers.

Can you monitor tonight? Do you have plenty of test strips and some higher carb food if you need to steer? If all answers are yes, I would shoot.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Start testing at +1 and then get a +2 and post the numbers.

6. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

He ate 1/2 can of FF and about 1/8 cup of Royal Canin dry. I have plenty of test strips and can monitor. Will post at +1.

His eating FF canned has been a real surprise for me today He has always refused to eat canned food, but I thought I would try today since he has been eating better. He seemed to feel better today, too. I even saw him grooming this afternoon!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you shot. Even for newbies (which you aren't) we suggest anything over 200 is OK to shoot.

With dry food in the picture, that means following SLGS, so holding this dose for 7 days. Unless you see an under 150 in the next couple of days, it'll probably mean an increase.

I'm glad he's showing an interest in the wet. :) And the grooming. I guess he likes these lower numbers.

8. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

I took his +1 twice. First time it was 260. 2nd stick was 271.

I know these numbers are still high, but it has dropped so quickly today. It scares me a little.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

The numbers are fairly flat in this cycle. That is where the focus is now with the PM shot. If he continues with a flat yellow cycle like this tonight, it could indicate a drop to occur in the next cycle or two.

ETA But, still get a +2 reading.

10. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

Should I give him a treat? He likes Beachside Crunch. Maybe I should give him one?

I'm not sure I understood what you said. Do you mean that he could drop a lot in the next cycle or two? It appears that the change to FF and the 2 unit dose have combined to drop his numbers. I just want to make sure they don't drop too fast.

11. Bobbie And Bubba

He is in nice safe numbers right now and rather flat. If he starts to drop down quickly then you would want to feed him some low carb food to keep him from dropping more.

What I meant about the cycle and being flat, is that it could indicate a drop into lower numbers in the next cycle or two.

Could you give him a tsp of so of some LC food right now to keep him from dropping to quickly?

12. Bobbie And Bubba

So, that +2 number is lower than the preshot number which is an indicator that the cycle could be active.

Give a tsp of LC food and get another test in an hour. Let's see where he is then and you will know a bit better how long to test.

13. Bobbie And Bubba

@Olive & Paula , will you be around to keep an eye of Fluffbunny? I have to leave my house tomorrow at the butt crack of dawn to go to NJ to help my FIL at a dental appointment. If you can't, I will circle back around 10 EST. to see how they are doing.

14. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

I gave him a teaspoon of FF at 9:40. Will test again at 10:40,

15. Bobbie And Bubba

That should slow his drop down a bit. If at 10:40 he has dropped the same amount again, give him another tsp of FF. The idea is to keep him from dropping too much, too fast. I suspect he is going to have an all flat yellow cycle, but I could be wrong.

I need to go to bed as I have a very early day tomorrow and need to travel 2 hours to NJ. If you need help, please change your title thread to ASAP Need Help so someone will assist.

Just changing from dry food to lower carb wet can make a big difference in lower numbers. So glad that he is accommodating eating the wet.

16. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

Thank you for your help.

17. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

+4 - 161. Gave him some Royal Canin dry food. Small portion of higher carb food. Will check again in 1 hour.

18. Olive & Paula

I will be around. Travel safe.

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The dry food was probably not necessary. Or the high carb wet for that matter. I would have gone with low carb. Mid blues are a nice place to be at that time of the cycle. I'd grab a +5, though it'll be influenced by the extra carbs.

20. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

+5 - 173 even with high carb snack. Gave another small portion of Royal Canin dry at +5. Will recheck at +6.

I know the blues are a good place to be, but I was/am concerned about how quickly it dropped - particularly considering how high his numbers have been for the last couple of days.

21. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

+6 - 270. Okay, I probably went overboard with the 2nd Royal Canin snack, but that drop really scared me. I know the numbers were in a good range, but I could see the possibility of dropping all night long. Gomez has been very inconsistent overnight. Sometimes dropping at AMPS, sometimes jumping to +500. Maybe now I can get a couple of hours sleep before checking again.

Thanks for the hand-holding.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  22. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Nice numbers today! :cat:

23. FluffBunny

FluffBunny Member

+ 8 1/2 - 468. Bounce, I guess (?)

Manu & Porto likes this.
  24. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

That and could also be the amount of extra HC food added. Dry takes longer to leave the system.

25. Olive & Paula

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.