Good canned Food.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beardsley, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beardsley

Beardsley Member

Hi From Beardsley, I,m 18 and have Diabetes now. Start my insulan today. Live in Vancouver BC and need some good info on Wet canned food to make me better. Thanks owner Jeff B.

2. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff and Beardsley, welcome.
    You need to shop for wet foods that lower than 10% in carbs. Adding water to each wet meal is very good for Diabetics, too. I attached the most current list of US available foods but I think some of it - like Friskies Classic Pates or Fancy Feast Classic are also sold in Canada.
    There are great many Canadian on this Board who can help you with the selection.
    @Wendy&Neko
    @Kris & Teasel
    @Tracey&Jones

But would you please re-post this on the Main Forum ?- HERE is the link to get there - there are more eyes and traffic then it is here, the Intro Forum.

Attached Files:

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Jeff, waving to you and Beardsley from sunny North Vancouver. :)

A good number of the low carb (under 10%) wet foods listed on this list are also available in Canada. I have a link to the list on my phone and iPad, to help me when shopping. What is Beardsley eating now? I fed Neko raw food primarily but did feed some Weruva and Wellness or Nature's Variety Instinct.

Magic Johnson likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff and Beardsley

I like the Rawz canned food which isn't on the list yet but is low carb.

Wervuva, Wellness, Wild Calling is some of the food that Jones was willing to eat at least for awhile.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  5. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

@Beardsley
    Hi Jeff and Mr B.,
    how are you doing? Anything you a help with?
    We haven't heard anything from you and got a bit worried...
    Are you doing ok?
    Please let us know whenever you got a chance.
    hoping things a fine..

6. Beardsley

Beardsley Member

Thanks for the info. Have a bad cold and trying to get Beardsleys blood sugar levels down. Started at 31 and yesterday is 19. Hard to draw blood from his ear tip. He moves around too much.

7. Beardsley

Beardsley Member

Beardsley is on Ziwi Peak Venison mixed with Purina DM from the Vets. Purina DM does not have good reviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.