Good deal on alphatrak

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JanetNJ, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

although I mostly use insulinx strips in the alpha meter, I do keep regular alpha to compare and when she's in hypo to be sure the numbers are accurate. Adwdiabetes.com has a deal right now that if you get 100 alpha strips they give you a free starter kit.

So I got 130 strips, 20 lancets, control solution, and a backup meter for for $96. (I used coupon code missu10 to get 10% off). Normally it would be about $105 just for 100 test strips.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Thank you, Janet! I just ordered it. 125 strips for $96.97 is great, and having a new meter, basically for free, is cool.

This is at ADWDiabetes.com for anyone else who is interested.

JanetNJ likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

Yeah I figured my meter is 2.5 years old and heavily used... Not a bad idea to have a backup. :)

4. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

already have an extra AT2 meter but, may as well order my 2 boxes of AT2 strips early and get a free meter out of it! thanks for sharing.

5. Calicos are Best (GA)

Calicos are Best (GA) Member

Wow this deal is amazing! Thank you for sharing JanetNJ!!! :cat: I went to check on it a week later on the www.adwdiabetes.com, as I just found this post. It looks like there is a coupon code of "KEEP20" where you can get the AlphaTrak2 Meter kit, which I already have, but the bonus is you get the 100 strips with it for $89.42. Having 2 meters is a good idea for a backup.

Would you guys happen to know if the FreeStyle Lite Strips ever work on the AlphaTrak2 meter? I was reading where some people said they weren't as accurate and some people say they can make them work.

6. Calicos are Best (GA)

7. JanetNJ

I haven't personally use freestyle lite strips with the alpha. I mostly use freestyle insulinx strips so I can't say anything about the accuracy of the lite ones, but some do use it. These are what I use. $45/100 FreeStyle Insulinx Blood Glucose Test Strips https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IW8TSTQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_m-2vCbJ5NKESC

8. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

i have been using freestyle strips for over a year and have AT strips as backup to retest low or questionable numbers. normally the freestyle strips set on code 38 on AT2 meter are 4-10 lower than AT strips, sometimes i may get a vial that is stubborn and some of the strips will be up to 20-30 points off but, for most part they are around 10 off usually, at least the 'institutional' version i prefer. Been testing some expired ones for last 2 mths and they are on average 15 points off at best (expired under 6mths that is) with an occasional that don't seem right strip.. so new or slightly expired, both work great in AT2 and you get use to automatically keeping in mind that BG is probably up to 10 or so off, the same can be said with AT strips for that matter soometimes.

i buy my FS strips on ebay, way cheaper when buy in bulk.. I got email today that there is a buy-it-now for 8 boxes of 50 that expire in 2020 sometime for $180 includes shipping, 22.25 is not the best price but, not a bad price either but, you can get strips cheaper on there if you watch new listing or bulk auctions, normally i pay around $13-16 for unexpired boxes when bought in bulk and i think i paid 11.25 per box for the bulk expired boxes auction..

Calicos are Best (GA) likes this.
  9. Calicos are Best (GA)

Interesting Sylvie! I was worried about Ebay and the kinds of strips people sell. If you buy in bulk that is pretty good. $180 for 400 strips, that's like .45/strip. What a deal!!! I will have to look closer. I browsed quickly and a lot of the prices were the same as Amazon with no deals. I didn't think to look for older strips.

I had no idea there was FS lite and FS insulinx. I noticed that they are both $29.99 for 50 on diabetic warehouse. I am trying to shop around and purchase some soon. I am not working right now and money is getting very tight.

I will continue browsing! Will need strips soon. Just bought a box of 50 of the AlphaTrak 2, over a week ago and they are going down fast.

10. JanetNJ

$45/100 freestyle insulinx strips in amazon

Calicos are Best (GA) likes this.
  11. Calicos are Best (GA)

Thank you Sylvie & JanetNJ!!! :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: Great advice from you guys! I just ordered 100 strips and the starter kit for $89.42. Back up meter for my precious Lily, here I come! I will keep my eyes open on ebay. Also got the FS insulinx strips to try too. I had a Amazon gift card, so I only had to pay $19.47!

These things we need for our pets are so expensive, (of course we would buy them no matter what the cost) but it feels good to get them at a bargain! :D Cannot thank you guys enough! I am so happy I joined this site! What a great support everyone is. :)

You all are living kitty angels who bless people!!! cat_wings>o

JanetNJ likes this.
  12. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Just wanted to mention that they still have this great deal. I am going to end up with a lot of extra meters if they keep this up. That's okay. Donate!

13. Calicos are Best (GA)

I actually ended up cancelling that starter kit for the AlphaTrak2 in February. I have since switched to a Human meter. Now I don't have to worry about how often I test and I no longer dread the cost of strips adding up in my head! I am using the ReliOn Prime Meter and have been pretty happy. I can get 50 strips for $9 at Walmart!!! The meter itself also cost $9. Very affordable, in fact I bought an extra backup $9 meter. I love Walmart! :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.