Good news for Jester!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by shelaghc, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get Jester to eat the lowest carb foods around to no avail. (Sheba - another friend suggested that, but it was all pate.) And after two weeks the vet suggested we first look to getting his weight back up and his BG down. (Jester's highest was about 480 - and that was two days after he started on insulin!)

After last week's somewhat disappointingly high BG count of about 350 and no weight gain at all, along with the decision by the vet to raise his twice daily insulin shots to 2.5 units, I decided to try to find a lower carb cat food that he might like.

He's a stubborn cuss, but Fancy Feast grillers (low carb and chunky) seem to be working out. (Thank you Yong!)
    Although I still have some of his Friskies as a treat.

And it paid off - his weight was up just a bit by .5 ounces and BG down to 92.

No insulin tonight at all and the dosage is cut back to 2 units. Even better, no trip to the vet for two weeks!

I celebrated with a pizza (free from T-Mobile) and a beer! 579313_10153490612370478_1426147078_n.jpg

2. Lillie

Lillie Member

Yay Jester! Amazing what diet can do.

shelaghc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.