Goodbye to the Best Cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sofapup, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sofapup

sofapup Member

My boy Levon left me a few months ago. Although I had been having a lot of trouble keeping him regulated, he seems to have died from other causes. One day he didn't come around for his usual daily cuddles. Saw the vet in three days, his labs were all good, but his heart was going crazy. Two days of attempting pills and force feeding, he was gone. He was only with me for three years. I miss him.

I work in a shelter, surrounded by cats, so of course, I went in for some kitty cuddling therapy. And of course, I met this cat. He ticked off all the boxes, that Levon did, but he was less than one year old. He's not Levon, but I hope that he will grow into it. It's funny how they don't grow into their personalities for such a long time. He doesn't even have a name yet. Right now I'm living with a very nice cat who isn't really MY cat. What I really needed, and still do, is a senior cat who will live forever. I need my own Levon living forever.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that it was Levon's time to leave you Julia :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Hopefully your new kitty will help heal the hole that was left in your heart. They can never be the exact same kitty, but they can have their own unique personalities that can be just as special, even if it's in a different way.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you lost Levon. We miss them forever.:bighug:
    Your new kitty is lucky to have found you and I am sure in time will bring much love into your life.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you lost your precious Levon. :bighug::rb_icon:cat_wings>o

5. TracieLLL

TracieLLL Member

Hugs to you. Very sorry

6. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

So sorry you lost your Levon. I've lost a couple senior cats and a couple senior dogs over the past two years or so. Like you, I'm involved in rescue, so there's always another needing a forever home. I'd suggest not comparing the new kitty to Levon. Look at the reverse of Levon's name. Maybe it's a sign to let his own novel personality shine through.

7. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss, our dear little furry loves don't stay with us long enough. Peace and comfort, Julia. The new little one is very lucky to be there and I hope it fills a little of the hole in your heart and life right now.

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss.

9. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

So sorry :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.