Great update for Cammie!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cheryl & Tux, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryl & Tux

Cheryl & Tux Member

I am so thrilled with what we learned today at Cammie's follow up with her cardiologist!! It is the best possible scenario!! Her heart has shrunk back to normal size and her kidneys are tolerating the new meds well! Dr. R still recommends that Cammie not undergo any elective surgeries (her risk of going into heart failure while under anesthesia are better today then they were two weeks ago but there is still a large risk) so I will not be rescheduling her dental at this time. Dr R's exact words were "if Cammie were to come in tomorrow with a broken leg, I would most definitely put her under anesthesia with precautions but I do not recommend any elective surgeries and, at this point, I consider her dental as elective". She'll go back to see Dr. R in four months and we will reevaluate her dental needs at that time.

I am SO thrilled!!!!!!

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT Great news to read and know you are definitely happy with those results. Just wondering.....did Dr. R ever mention a BNP test? I had read about it, talked it over and asked that when Hope was last in they add that to the bloodwork. IDEXX is in the basement at OVRS so cheaper to have OVRS run it. It was just for a base line on Hope for future reference. I know she uses it more in dogs. http://www.idexx.com/view/xhtml/en_us/s ... SSOTOKEN=0

3. Cheryl & Tux

Cheryl & Tux Member

No, Hope, Dr R. did not mention a BNP test; I'll talk to her about it either at our next visit or call her to see what she thinks. I also did not know that IDEXX is in their basement ~ thank you for telling me that.

Off to read your link now.........................

4. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Cheryl, I'm the one that brought it up to Dr. R, discussed it, and it was my choice to get it done.

5. Sabrina's Mom

Sabrina's Mom New Member

I'm not sure what all has been going on with Cammie (new here and haven't caught up with all the posts) but I am so glad things are going better dancing_cat

6. Cheryl & Tux

Cheryl & Tux Member

Thank you, Collette. Cammie is my diet controlled diabetic and she also has heart problems. A couple of weeks ago we discovered that her heart medication was no longer working; her upper left heart chamber was enlarged and she had fluid building in her heart. Her cardiologist changed her medication and we went back yesterday for her two week checkup. Thankfully the new medications are the answer for Cammie and we are now looking forward to, God willing, many more happy years together. :)

7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Cheryl do you mind me asking what kind of heart meds Cammie takes? I didnt know that the meds can stop working.

My Waldo is on Plavix, Enlapril (sp) and Lasix. He just had a check up and the Vet said the heart condition was progressing but that his system is tolerating the meds well. He has restrictive cardiomyopathy.

Jeanne

8. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow! Thats such awesome news!! party_cat dancing_cat

9. Cheryl & Tux

Cheryl & Tux Member

Hi Jeanne. Cammie had been taking Atenolol for the past 3 (I think; but may have been only 2) years; I'd have to pull her records to get what her exact diagnosis was (and I'll try and do that tomorrow if you'd like) but it all started with a heart murmur that was detected by her primary vet. She is now on Enalapril and Lasix.

I'm sorry to hear that Waldo's condition is progressing and I pray that it stabilizes! My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.