? Gummy Bears of all things for Shaak to decide to eat!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA), Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

getting ready to shoot. of all the horrible things to have happen Shaak, Her BG was over 400, that has never happene before. I was freaking out. Then Kirby called me to the bedroom and Shaak had found our valentines bag of HariBo Gummy Bears and she was eating them. apparently several of them. So tonight do I give her a higher dose of insulin or just stick with 2.5u? I am so frustrated at her behavior lately, Now that her body is healthier she hops up on every kitchen counter, every table in every room. I think I have all the food items hidden and she discovers one I missed. I am happy she feels better, but at the moment she is not better. So anyway, question is, she was 410 at her PMPS, I shoot in about ten minutes, if anyone can let me know it would really be appreciated. I do plan on getting a urine test for ketones.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Regular dose. That pmps was food influenced and not a true reading.... and will drop once the sugar is processed.

3. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Thank you, I went with regular dose. Of course then I was not able to stay awake and at +6 she is at 289 which obviously means she was lower for +3, +4, and +5. I can't stay awake for it though, pretty much every time I give her a shot I manage to stay awake for two to three hours after and then I fall asleep. I try to stay awake, I drink coffee, I have even drank energy drinks. Last evening during those same hours I dozed off as well. I can't change my schedule, it is adjusted to all I have to do each day.

4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Careful with those energy drinks Cathie, how's your blood pressure? Our hound once got into an entire bag of Goodies, the black liquorice ones. Spent an entire day with a RugDoctor. You can't name a cat after a bounty hunter and expect him to be an Angel. Did he make that face they all make, "Who me?"

5. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

point taken. I actually am on lisinopril for blood pressure. one among many health issues. I get by though. : Lol:

6. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

gummy bears are irresistible !!
    You will be back on track in no time!
    :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.