Had a little scare

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shiloh & Rhonda (GA), Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

Still not sure we are out of the woods. The last few days, Shiloh has been drinking like nobody's business, and acting ravenous. Been checking for the last couple of days. 69, 71 and 58. Various times of the day.

My neighbor, who I love to death, but if you saw my post about the pet sitter, isn't the most reliable, mentioned something I hadn't thought of. Our humidity has been REALLY low the last week or so. Explains the drinking, but not the hunger. Any ideas?

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Rhonda, Only thing that comes to mind for me given Shiloh's BG seems Ok is the possibility of hyperthyroid. That can cause kitty to seem like a bottomless pit food wise.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

My cats eat more in the winter.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

She may be getting extra water from the food as well.

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Rhonda.

How long since Shiloh last had bloodwork? If it's more than a few months, I'd make an appointment. As mentioned above, it could be Hyper Thyroid, or it could be kidney issues, or something else. Better to find out now and start treatment if it is anything other than a weather/seasonal thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.