Hair loss- mostly from tail

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kate and Basil, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kate and Basil

Kate and Basil New Member

Has anyone else experienced significant hair loss in their diabetic cat? Basil has bitten out quite a bit of hair from his tail and back (near the base of the tail) I can see the skin on most of his tail and there are chunks missing from his back. He's not on any other medication (besides insulin 1-1.5 units/day and Methyl B-12- 2000mcg/day. Could it be the Methyl B-12? I hope not as his legs have been quite bad and I was so excited to see him bound across the back yard today! I'd appreciate your thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Kate and Basil

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Haven't seen fur loss from FD, have seen it from Hyperthyroidism and my personal favorite lately, ringworm. Doubt you have that, mine came from some foster kittens :(

My two long haired furries lost most of the tail fur from the ringworm.

I didn't see any fur loss when Misty(GA) was on the methylB12. Hopefully others will have more information for you :)

3. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

as Jennifer suggested, hypert and ringworm are possibles but also food allergies, behavioural issues, pain, parasites/mites/fleas.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.