Hamilton - a blast from the past

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Elizabeth B, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Elizabeth B

Elizabeth B Member

We lost our dear Hamilton to diabetes, acromegaly, and kidney disease so many months ago, but it still feels like yesterday. We miss him immensely.

This is a note for those of you slaving over charts, missing sleep, fighting vets for the right plan. We regret nothing. It was a battle. And a painful, laborious battle. But we know we did all we could for our little man and he rests in peace because of that.

Stay positive, keep pushing through the ups and the downs, keep getting those middle of the night readings. You’ll never regret it. You can do it!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that it was Hamilton's time to leave you Elizabeth!!

You're totally right though....the relationship we develop with our sugarcats is so close and loving. There's nothing like it!....but when they leave us, they take a bigger piece of our heart with them.

I'm sure Hamilton is happy and healthy at the Bridge and is waiting for the time when you can be together again forever. :rb_icon:

3. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Elizabeth}}}

I'm so sorry to hear that Hamilton has crossed the Bridge. I'm sure you did everything possible for him and more.

It's very kind of you to post with encouraging words for those that are new here or struggling. It always helps to hear from those that went before you.

I wish you and your family peace as you adjust to your new normal.

Fly free, Hamilton, and land softly. :rb_icon:

4. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug:
    I hope Rooney has adjusted pretty well by now.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry about Hamilton. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

7. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

This is so sweet, Elizabeth. Thank you for sharing. :rb_icon:

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Elizabeth, I am so sorry to hear that you lost Hamilton.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Elizabeth,
    Hamilton is in a good place with all his old pals. :rb_icon: Rusty went to the Bridge months ago, too. We have had many signs from him that he is OK. But, like you, we miss him so very much.
    Thank you for your inspiring words for the newer members of our FDMB family.

Many :bighug::bighug::bighug:s for you, and deepest sympathy on the loss of your boy.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Elizabeth, I am so very sorry you lost your baby. What a great momma he had who fought hard for him!

Thanks for your encouragement to all of us still dancing the steps.

Peace.

11. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

My condolences for the loss of Hamilton. Your wise words will surely help many furbabies and their parents through trying times. Thanks for the encouragement.