Harley...another issue caused by me!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Thepbjs, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thepbjs

Thepbjs New Member

I knew we were running low on AT strips and did not get them ordered quick enough. I've had a few test strips not work...due to my error!!! I had bought the relion micro last week and had every intention to do some comparison tests. Of course I thought I had more time and AT strips. The AT strips will not be here until late tomorrow afternoon.

I tested with the relion micro this morning and his bg is 58. I know they read lower than AT and my gut tells me to not give him insulin this morning. I've had issues with low numbers lately so the vet said no insulin under 100. Any input would be so appreciated.

I have one last AT strip and have asked my husband to test with the Relion meter and AT tonight from the same drop of blood.

Another question with this. I plan on using the Relion for everyday testing (as soon as I can see what the comparison tests say) and use the AT for glucose curves. I have my spreadsheet set up for the AT right now. Would I need to create a new spreadsheet for using the Relion? And should I post his numbers on the current spreadsheet and put in the comments we used the relion?

Thank you all for your help. I'm floundering and starting to feel a little overwhelmed. :(

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Given that you don’t have a lot of data yet, I suggest skipping this shot.

3. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

If you got a 58 using the relion, definitely skip. That's a pretty low number.
    I believe the group will tell you to start a new spreadsheet because they are all formatted based on the type of meter you are using.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

In order for the correct colour coding to work at low BG you need the proper SS for the meter you’re using the majority of the time - ie., pet or human meter.

5. Thepbjs

Thepbjs New Member

OK! I will skip this morning and have the hubs test tonight and text me both numbers.
    All 3 kitties thank you for the quick response. They are all hungry for breakfast

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.