Harold Johnson

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Stephboomer, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephboomer

Stephboomer Member

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10LuThnRX2m_yBY1VkFHNEvZylnhX4GqTbTzmvaXmR54My name is Steph and Harold is my diabetic cat. He was diagnosed April 28th 2016. He went from weighing 22lbs down to 12.4 on the day of diagnosis. He was started on 1.2U caninsulin (with the whole 100U needle conversion) Harold went for dental work on May 12th and had 3 molars pulled and a dental cleaning. We continued with the Caninsulin and raised the dose gradually to 3.25. We have home tested since he was diagnosed. With his numbers barely getting out of the 20's or 400's I decided this wasn't working. June 4th I switched him from Caninsulin to lantus. Lantus brought him down to normal numbers eventually and I was slowly losing his dose as he would earn reductions. We went from great numbers back to very high. Not sure what it supposed to be posted in here but if anyone can help, give advice, anything would be appreciated. Gone from feeling like we can cure this to fighting a losing battle. Needing some hope. Using google sheets to document his readings.

2. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

It could be some kind of infection. If you post on the main Health forum, you will have more eyes on your questions.

3. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

Was there any change in his food or environment? If not (or even if so), I would take him to the vet for new blood work.

4. Stephboomer

Stephboomer Member

He's been eating the FF almost since he was diagnosed. And nothing really in environment either. Yea I might need to. Was hoping I wouldn't have to stress him out. Last time we got it done it was almost perfect but his glucose

5. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi there! Popping in from LL from to send some encouragement, looks like you could use some!:bighug::bighug:

Stephboomer likes this.
  6. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Some of the folks on the LL forum and apparently on the other boards have been discussing higher numbers associated with some FF flavors..maybe somebody more in the know can fill in more:bighug:
    Their cats are getting higher numbers too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.