Has anybody used Syn-flex® liquid Glucosamine

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JaniceandSpike, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone has used this for their cats arthritis? Right now Im giving Joint Max to Spike. Hes on his second bottle and I dont see a huge improvement. What do others use?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Haven't used it.

Are you logging daily symptoms/observations of the arthritis? Sometimes, the change from day to day is too small to see any improvement, but comparing week 1 vs week 10, you can see some.

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

YES! We've been using it on Taz (14) for a while now. It was the only thing we could find that we could keep her on. She went from limping badly and laying around all day to no limp and frisky again.

Our improvement was pretty quick on Glucosamine, within a week we saw improvement in her (my husband claims glucosamine can't work that fast, but he couldn't argue with the results we saw in her). We tried many other products first and the biggest improvement was in the first couple weeks while we were on Diasiquin. With the Syn-flex, I think we started at 1/2 tsp 2X per day for a week, then went to 1/2 tsp 1X per day. After a couple of months, I went to 1X every day or two and that's where we maintain her now. If we are gone and she doesn't get some for a few days, I give it to her every day for about a week again, then back to every other. She's about 11lbs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.