Has anyone had Buprenorphine that looks milky

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Teresa & Buddy, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I went to measure out some pain meds for Buddy, I had a new container of Buprenorphine that I had not used before, when I drew it into the syringe I thought it looked different. When I looked at the medication it looked milky. I cannot get in touch with his vet until Monday, but I wonder if anyone had ever had this happen to them.

2. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

No, the one I used always was clear. Did you try googling it? Is it a different company who made it vs. the one you had before? What is the expiration date?

3. Teresa & Buddy

All of mine was clear before, they gave me a plastic container with the bupe in it, it has no expiration date. When I tried to google it, it would always show a pill.

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

The oral liquid buprenex I have is not totally clear.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

It's crazy that it is not simple to find info online about the appropriate appearance of it. The injectable should be clear, I found that info, but I did not find info on the oral liquid in the time I had to search.

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The oral-only liquid is made/compounded by compounding pharmacies. Each pharmacy could do it differently and thus it may not be clear

FurBabiesMama likes this.
  7. Teresa & Buddy

Thank you. On Monday when I called the vet's office that is what they told me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.