Has anyone tried TR Protocol?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by hhelman08, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhelman08

hhelman08 Member

I was doing some research and keep hearing alot about the tight regulation protocol, does anyone do that or maybe tried it?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

hhelman08 likes this.
  3. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

There have been many people that have used it and still do with great success.

I used it and managed to get my cat very tightly controlled and the then off the juice. If you are happy to get at least two tests a cycle (one pre shot and at least one during the cycle ) then you can do tight regulation.

Have a look at the sticky that BJ gave.

hhelman08 likes this.
  4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

If following TR, I would recommend getting at least three tests: AM preshot, PM preshot, and at least one nadir check every 24 hours (and preferably two - some cats patterns show them to run low on either the morning or evening cycle).

hhelman08 likes this.
  5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you still using ProZinc? If so, you SHOULD NOT use the Lantus TR protocol. They are very different insulins and are dosed differently. Another Internet site has a TR protocol for ProZinc, which I (and others here) do not advocate. No one on this forum uses it. We have had a few people with cats bouncing from highs to lows who have come over to this forum, who were using it. They were not having success with it.

hhelman08 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.