? Has anyone used an Animal Communicator to talk with their cats

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by manxcat419, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

I'm considering having an appointment with an Animal Communicator to talk with Rosa and her twin, Regan. Rosa is having to take a lot of meds for her CKD, which seems to be steadily worsening despite our best efforts to stabilize things. And Regan has recently come up on her annual blood work as hypo-t (no, that's not a typo). The vet can't find anything else wrong with Regan as a cause - all her other blood work results were right in the middle of the normal range, but as we know, hypo-t is rare in cats without one. And Rosa - well, I worry about how she's feeling...she seems fine and is active but I worry that she's covering up discomfort. I'd like to know how they're really feeling - Regan too as I'd love to know whether or not she's feeling "not quite right" and maybe there's something else we should be investigating. I'd also really like to be able to explain to Rosa exactly why she has to take all these meds and put up with sub-q's etc. And of course I want her to know that if it all gets too much, even though it will break my heart, she has to let me know so I can let her go with dignity and pain-free. So I was wondering if anyone here has used a communicator to talk with their cats and, if so, if you were happy with the results. My DH thinks I'm nuts for even considering it though he accepts that if it's something I feel I need to do I'll do it anyway, but I figured if anyone would understand my need to talk with my girls on a level I can't communicate with them on my own, it would be people here.

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

@Marje and Gracie has talked about using an AC and said she's been very pleased with them.

You might send her a PM for more details

Critter Mom and manxcat419 like this.
  3. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

My pets seem to understand exactly what I say, such as: Come snuggle with mommy. Are you hungry? You want a snack? Get down! Knock it off! Outside? Lol. :D:D:D.

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

April

I have used Linda Johns at Journey to Healing for over 15 years and she is amazing. I highly recommend her. Most recently when I contacted her to see how Tobey was doing after Gracie crossing, she told me he was feeling stress in his gut because of all the loud noises going on outside our house. I hadn't even told her there were any workers outside and she couldn't hear them over the phone. Two days later, Tobey started with diarrhea from the stress of the noise.

She's been spot on with our cats for years. If you call her, please tell her I referred you. Also, she is very busy so it might take her a week to call back....she travels a lot. She does have a person she's trained whose name is Kat and if you are in a hurry, she recommends her but I used Kat once and she does not have Linda's skills. For me, it's worth the wait and I have found if it's an emergency, she calls back fast.

Good luck.

5. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

There are quite a few people that use A/C's....I think that's a good approach!

HUGS!

manxcat419 likes this.
  6. manxcat419

Thank you, all of you. :)

@Marje and Gracie I don't think it's so urgent I couldn't wait a week or so - at the moment both of them seem happy and neither is obviously feeling ill...the 5 P's are all in place for now. I don't really think it's going to be critical any time in the next few weeks, but I do want to have something in place so that I and the cats know what's going on and why. And to give them the chance to tell me anything they feel they need to. I would definitely prefer to wait for Linda at this point and I will be sure to tell her you referred me - thank you so much. :)

@Mogmom and Goofus - they understand a lot of what I say just fine on an every day basis. But I can't be sure that I always get my point across beyond the basics - and whether or not I'm interpreting what they're trying to tell me right.

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You're welcome!!! Let us know how it goes.

manxcat419 likes this.
  8. manxcat419

I certainly will Marje - I'm really looking forward to getting an appointment set up with her. :)

9. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I have also used a AC and I have found she is hit or miss--I would go with Marje's person… I may give her a call too!

manxcat419 likes this.
  10. manxcat419

Thank you for your honesty Jayla. I had thought that there must be some out there who are very good and some less so. When someone has had experience of the AC telling them about things they couldn't possibly have known in advance it really does give you confidence in them. I hope you are also able to get set up with Linda who Marje recommended - she does sound excellent.

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  11. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Already left her a message !! :)

12. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

I thought this might be of interest to anyone wanting to learn 'animal communication'...

I used to be highly skeptical of 'animal communication' and thought it was probably a sort of combination of wishful thinking and guesswork (or even, in some cases, fraud...). But I attended an animal communication workshop a few months ago and my view changed entirely...

I did the workshop after seeing a YouTube video of a man called James French using the 'Trust Technique' with rescued horses. It really caught my imagination, so I looked at his website and saw that, as well as teaching the 'Trust Technique' he also teaches animal communication.
    I foster cats, and they often come with no backstory at all. And I thought that 'if' I could understand them better then I'd be better able to help them. So I booked to go on a one day workshop. There were about 20 people on the course who'd never done animal communication before (though some had done Reiki with animals) and I was absolutely amazed at what people managed to learn/achieve in a single day... I promised myself I would keep practicing, but life gets busy and so many of the things on our 'wish lists' get pushed to the sidelines... <sigh> (Note to self to try harder. Much harder! ;))

Anyway, in addition to his workshops James French also does an online/audio/video course for about £30 (available internationally). The profits go to support James' work with animal rescue and rehabilitation.
    http://animalcommunicationtraining.co.uk/
    A great thing about either the workshop or the online/audio/video course is that either enables you to become a member of the 'ACT 1' Facebook group. This is where people post pictures of their animals, and invite others to practice developing their skills. It's a really nice community of people who want to help each other and help animals.

This is the video I first saw. James is using the 'Trust Technique' here to relax the horses. A little later in the film you see him take them for a run. This is the first time he has ever taken these horses into the wood...

Eliz

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  13. manxcat419

That is actually something I'd LOVE to learn for the future Eliz - thank you so much for the link. :) It's something I hadn't really thought too much about until Rosa was diagnosed, then I realized how much easier it would be if she could just tell me what she needed, when she wasn't feeling great etc. I'll still be going ahead with the appointment with Linda Johns as these things take time to learn, but how wonderful to think that, in time, maybe I could learn how to really communicate with our cats too. :)

Critter Mom likes this.
  14. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

I think animal communication can be hit and miss... So much depends on how we choose to interpret what the communicator tells us, and how sceptical we choose to be. I guess if we have a positive attitude to it, we will be pleased with the response but if we have a less than open mind we may be disappointed. I have had a couple of experiences which I wouldn't say were 100% successful but then maybe that's a high target... my personal opinion is that if anyone is interested enough to look into it, they should give it a go and see how it works for them. In other words, it's not all about the communicator, but the enquirer as well.
    Having said this I have to say that I am utterly fascinated by the concept and if it was more widely accepted and practised and seen as more run of the mill as opposed to something a bit unusual, I would love to learn more about it. So good on Elizabeth and others on this board who have in the past delved into the subject.
    Good luck!
    Diana

manxcat419 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.