Has anyone used Potassium gluconate powder?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Veronica & Babu-chiri, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hi I'm asking this because I have to give potassium gluconate to one of my civies but this is new for me

Has anyone used potassium gluconate powder how do you give it? Can it be dissolved in water and syringed with how much water? Can it be given in the food ? Is there some interaction I should be aware of?

2. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Hi
    I give my shop cat potassium gluconate made by NOW brand. It is tasteless and easy to mix (a very fine powder)
    I would give with food as it can give a tummy upset if tummy is empty. I don't see why you couldn't syringe it but I would feed first. The best way to dose is 1/4 tsp total a day and best if you can split in 1/2 and do am and pm.
    I have heard of no interactions but they do recommend checking levels as too much potassium can cause other issues.

I know some mix and syringe in baby food.

Veronica & Babu-chiri likes this.
  3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Thanks I think I´ll try and mix it with the food, and yes is complicated I think she'll need close monitoring but for now and probably till we can get her aldosterone levels under control ( not shure that will be possible ) she needs extra potassium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.