? Have I jumped the gun?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fiona & Ruby, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiona & Ruby

Fiona & Ruby Member

I would welcome some wise eyes on Ruby's spreadsheet. We have entered into a somewhat spontaneous OTJ trial with Christmas Day insulin shot delays/no shoot. When I noticed she was still showing the same numbers in her next reading, and her next, and her next, I decided to see where this would go. Whilst her numbers are looking steady, I've since read that our sugar babies should be giving numbers below 100, with only a few between 100-120 as posted by @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey ... (I had it in my head that it was below 120,), so I'm now a bit nervous that I may have jumped the gun. If anyone is able to offer some insight I'd be really grateful. We're 11/14 through our trial.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

am sure the more experienced members will chime in to give you accurate feedback but, from what i gather from others, your kitty is in remission if his numbers are constantly low for 14 cycles without insulin. pretty sure up to 120 is a cat's normal BG without insulin so your kitty is doing awesome!

Fiona & Ruby likes this.
  3. nmveasey

nmveasey Member

Nice! Ruby’s numbers look really good!! :cat:

Fiona & Ruby likes this.
  4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Looks like remission to me too. Congrats.

Remember to test on a periodic basis, going forward.

Fiona & Ruby likes this.
  5. Cat guy

Cat guy New Member

Congrats to you and ruby, great job:otj::bighug::cat:

Fiona & Ruby likes this.
  6. Fiona & Ruby

Fiona & Ruby Member

For some reason I've not let myself get too excited about this because I've been thinking it's too soon for her little pancreas to have healed itself but ooh you're starting to get me excited. Thanks so much for your support.
    I'll definitely be watching and keeping up with her testing....in some completely warped way I think I'd miss the testing and waiting for that magic number to show itself on the screen...I think I need to get a life!! Ruby's gotten into a groove too, although if she wasn't getting fed whilst I was messing with her ears I'm sure her groove wouldn't be so smooth!

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

The beneficial side benefit of OTJ is the potential to actually take a weekend or even a real vacation, without substantial worries. We're all jealous!

8. Fiona & Ruby

Fiona & Ruby Member

There's no doubt that FD is a life altering experience with its disciplines. And also the journey of discovering the breadth and depth of love we have for our kitties as we go through it. I hope you and Leo enjoy many more good times on your journey together.

JeffJ and Critter Mom like this.
  9. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

This has happened to me too, over Christmas! It seemed like I couldn't reduce Quintus's dose fast enough. Great that Ruby is doing so well!

JanetNJ likes this.
  10. Fiona & Ruby

Fiona & Ruby Member

Thanks Stephanie. And likewise to you and Quintus, great to hear he's doing so well. Enjoy the ride!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.