Have I made a mistake?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kris & Rasmus, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Kris & Rasmus

Kris & Rasmus Member

So, this is a first for me. I'm pretty new to home testing. I managed to do a bit of a mini curve today at +4 and +7. Between +4 and +7 I had given him some baked plain chicken as he was starving. At +7 he was 15.8 mmol/L and PSPM I've just realised he's 15.4 mmol/L. I was so caught up with him having a reasonably OK low-ish (for him) number and wasn't below 14 mmol/L so I gave him his injection (1u). Have I made a mistake?

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

No I don't think you made a mistake. Rasmus should be just fine. I would however recommend you try to get a test in before bed to see how much Rasmus has dropped before you turn in for the night. It's a good idea to do this every night so you get to see the whole picture of how Rasmus is doing over the 24 hours each day. If Rasmus has dropped a fair bit when you test before bed, you can leave some extra food out for him to eat when and if he needs it. Of course if he's dropped significantly (below 100 or so for now), you might want to feed him and retest just to be sure his BG isn't still dropping quickly.

3. Kris & Rasmus

Kris & Rasmus Member

Thanks, Linda! I will do exactly this. I will test at +3 hours and see what the situation is like.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  4. Kris & Rasmus

Kris & Rasmus Member

I've just taken his bg again + 3 hours. It's at 16.3. PMPS it was 15.4. This is the opposite way of thinking it would be going at this point. Either, I can expect nadir in a little while, or it's as I suspect: he frigging eats somewhere else when he's outside, roaming the village.

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

All things considered including meter variance, that +3 reading is really pretty much the same as the pre-shot. That said, your suspicions of pilfering elsewhere may also be playing into that reading. You don't have a lot of data yet to know exactly when Rasmus hits nadir and it can change so the only way to know would be to test again to see if you then see some drop in his numbers by +4 or +5.

6. Kris & Rasmus

Kris & Rasmus Member

True. I'll test again at +5 and see what the changes are. Interesting though, the first time he hit lower numbers (first time I tested) was also on a day he didn't bother going outside. I need to keep an eye on this methinks.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.