Have to have hypo risk to get anywhere?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by FurBabiesMama, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Hi. Mia is having a good run. She is in her 16th consecutive cycle where she has gone into the 100s or less. I am so thrilled to finally feel like we are making progress - BUT - there have been three of those cycles where she went into the hypo range. No symptoms or anything, and I monitor closely enough that I caught it and 'carbed' us out of it, but still.

I am afraid that if I lower her dose, we will stop having these good cycles. I have been holding a consistent 2.75u dose for all 16 cycles. Just prior to that, I was experimenting over several days with adjusted dosing (very fractional differences). Before that, we were on 2.5 for what felt like forever. She has a bouncy history, so I try to keep things as stable as possible.

So, finally getting to my questions: Do I just have to live with this hypo risk for a bit until her numbers come down more overall to where it is obvious a lower consistent dose is in order? Or, should I lower a tiny bit? Or, should I go back to adjusted dosing based on pre-shot numbers?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You're getting some great numbers but those lime greens are stressful - I know this only too well!. If it was my kitty I'd try a "fat" 2.5 u for a few days to see if you can keep nice numbers without that sprinkling of lime green. I see you've given a fat 2.5 u before so you know how to estimate it. If you still get lime green too often, I'd go to 2.5 u. Getting good numbers is great but safety is really important, especially if you're going to be out more, etc. during this holiday season.

My opinion is that bouncy kitties do best with a consistent dose AM and PM unless there's an obvious issue - for example, blue at one PS and pink at the other repeatedly.

Rachel likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

It only is happening when your preshots are lower. I'd say 2.75 over 300 preshot, and a fat 2.5 when 250-300

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Those lime greens are scary, I know! But it's really not that bad. I'm with Kris...maybe try that fat 2.5 and see what that gets you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.