he bounced? AMPS is 594

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by mouse16, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse16

mouse16 Member

His PMPS was 362, he got 1.6 units, at 3+ he was 338.

His AMPS this morn is 594, the highest he has ever been!!

Did he bounce during the night? So worried!!

I can only test today at 2+ (not very useful) and 8+

Worried he will drop too low today when i am gone, but have already given him 1.6 units.

2. mouse16

mouse16 Member

he hadnt eaten for 8 hours when i tested his AMPS

3. mouse16

mouse16 Member

i could stay home and monitor but i would miss psychotherapy which i really need, but i will stay home if he is in danger

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

He’ll be OK. Just hold this dose, get a middle cycle test or two and try to breathe. It takes time to get a kitty into better numbers. :)

mouse16 likes this.
  5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

The benefit of the +2 is you can see if he's having a quick drop and give extra food before you leave the house. I'm guessing you're already out of the house at this point which is just fine. Mouse will be okay. I don't see anything to suspect he'll drop too low today.

mouse16 likes this.
  6. mouse16

mouse16 Member

Thanks Kris and Djamila for your advice on Fri.

Mouse has come down from the black to 400 at pre-shoots, but his nadir numbers are in the pink, so still too high. Am still giving him 1.6 units to try and steady him.

Will he need an increase soon?

7. Djamila

Yes, you can increase whenever there is a cycle you can monitor. Since the nadirs are still above 200, I would suggest going up to 2u for the increase.

EDIT: I used "nadir" incorrectly up there. We don't actually know when the nadir is, but you have enough scattered tests to indicate nothing is going below 200, so I still think the larger increase is warranted.

8. mouse16

mouse16 Member

Thanks Djamila! Yes thats true that I dont know his nadir yet, I said 'nadir numbers' when I should have said mid-range numbers.

Am going to increase tom morning.

Djamila likes this.
  9. Djamila

Oh no, I didn't even notice you did it. That EDIT was because I had just done it! :bighug:

10. mouse16

mouse16 Member

11. mouse16

mouse16 Member

bouncy cat?! i increased his dose to 2 units this morning, his AMPS was red, 3+ and 6+ were yellow, PMPS is 610!! thirst and peeing again. will keep on the 2 units hoping he will settle..
    sorry to be posting so much

12. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes, a bouncy boy! Hang in there. Keep 2 u tomorrow and increase the next day to 2.25 u so he doesn't linger in higher numbers. Some kitties bounce less when they're on a higher, more effective dose. No need to apologize for posting - this can be hard to figure out. :)

13. mouse16

mouse16 Member

Kris you are a star!!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  14. Djamila

Ouch! :eek: That's an icky PMPS. Sometimes kitties will sort of push back against a dose increase. It goes by a very technical term: "new dose wonkiness." ;) Hopefully tomorrow on cycles 3 and 4 things will look a little better. Knock on wood. :cat:

15. mouse16

mouse16 Member

Hi Djamila, that term made me laugh! today he has a bit less wonkiness but still not good (AMPS was black, 5+ and 8+ pink, PMPS red). Will give him 2 units tonight then increase to 2.25 if his AMPS still high.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.