heart in mouth -- PMPS = 207 -- updated

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CandyH & Catcat, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

day before yesterday, Catcat showed a 210 at PMPS, and it worked out okay
    see Catcat's SS

this 207 might have been slightly more than baseline, because first stick was "not enough blood" and he fought me a bit on the second one

I'm going to deploy the Friskies pate tonight because his numbers usually run a little higher on that brand

may stay up later and see if I can get a +4 or even +5 (midnight is LATE for this old lady)

@MrWorfMen's Mom -- you were right, I must have taken a box cutter to that trampoline he's been using; no bounce tonight (so far)

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Ok put your heart back where it belongs HAAHAHAHA! As long as you can grab a +4 or +5 I'd still give him the 1u. As you say , you shot 210 and 207 is virtually the same reading. I get the MN being late but if we can get your little guy regulated then it will be much easier to know his reactions.
    If you know Friskies makes his BG run a bit higher, that's something you can use to slow down or even abort an active cycle. Let's see what he does. If he is down considerably at +4 use the Friskies to slow him down.

3. CandyH & Catcat

Friskies difference is only about a +10 point difference, within meter variance, but it seemed consistent anyway
    if that really is the case, could still make the difference between "low nondiabetic numbers" and "verging on hypo"

hubby stayed up late last night, I turned out light and went to sleep before he came up -- MY TURN TONIGHT

where is my chocolate when I need it? darn, only cookies are the sugar free vanilla wafers --

iced hot chocolate mix? was 87* here today and probably hotter than that up here in loft

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

Only hitting the 70s here but I was out in the garden trying to drain the fountain with a table top pump because the fountain pump is blocked or toast (I hope not the latter) so it felt a lot hotter and I am beat. Didn't want to let mosquitoes lay eggs in the standing water. Of course the pipe to my outside tap in the backyard broke so I have no easy water source out there right now to use the pressure washer to clear the pump. GRRRRR! I'll be calling the plumber tomorrow.

Just a little higher carb can be effective for some cats. If you ever need to really boost BG, you can add a drop or 2 of karo to the LC food to make it medium carb.

I am going to turn in early tonight. I am pooped from cleaning out my shed and dealing with the fountain today. Got to go give my girl her pill and feed the fur kids now. :)

5. CandyH & Catcat

heart continues to beat, curried Friskies turkey/giblets soup being lapped up, 1 unit vetsulin carefully installed, Neosporin rubbed on ears so I get a good droplet first time next time -- hands are sweaty, so are forehead and back of neck, and it's not ALL the ambient temperature

:eek: - :nailbiting: - :cat: - :D -- could use every emoticon on the board ... need praying hands too

6. CandyH & Catcat

if he needs a quick boost -- I have Temptations treats left over, also honey (local organic not from store), Karo, real maple syrup, Whiskas treats too

plus a can of TwinPet -- not on Dr Lisa's list so who knows, and a can of Friskies Turkey and Cheese in Gravy

he's going to fight me about all these tests close together if I feel I need to do them -- have a fresh bag of bonito flakes to soothe ...

7. CandyH & Catcat

can't believe this :p --- Mr. Always-Hungry Cat -- actually left some of his dinner behind
    maybe hot weather affects his appetite, as it does mine

he might have gone outside to lie in the cool of the conifers and lilacs on the side property line, deep layer of evergreen needles, he does some of his business out there, though he uses the inside litterbox as well

I'd love some coleslaw, or shrimp salad, but dinner was toasted cheese sandwiches tonight, DH claims he can't cook

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sounds like you are well equipped to deal with any and all possibilities although I doubt you'll need the Big Gun stuff. I'm off to bed. Fingers crossed Catcat behaves for you. :D

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  9. CandyH & Catcat

+2 = 222 .. that larger than usual evening meal is probably still influencing his BG
    had to call him in from mouse-hunting, it's that time of day and the sky is still light, we get long twilights here
    he was happy to get a sardine and some bonito flakes after test
    I'll still try to get another test in after I figure the food has gone through his system, but I'm not as worried now
    (he survived a 52 during a curve at the vet's -- with no additional food -- back when she'd prescribed 2 units 2x day) (guess why we changed)

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  10. CandyH & Catcat

+4 = 216 -- after/during test gave him a fair sized meal -- think that will hold him for the rest of the night now; I'm having trouble staying awake

11. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good night and sleep well. Chin scritches to Catcat.

12. CandyH & Catcat

Catcat definitely liked the chin scratches, I think the acne on his chin has been itching as it healed

AMPS = 287 .. so all is well (relatively speaking) -- these are trending slightly downward, pancreas may be healing too

I may continue feeding Friskies for the night cycle until I'm sure he isn't going super low after midnight

thanks for the boost, for the encouragement, it really helped

13. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Not a problem, it takes a village, right? I wish I could refer you to a wonderful salve for his chin that I found, but it's been discontinued. Nuts to that. Hopefully we will find a good replacement.

14. CandyH & Catcat

Clindamycin was recommended, since Neosporin isn't touching the still-slightly-draining abscess, it appears to be healing that, slowly; benzoyl peroxide was mentioned, but he yowls in pain so I do a very quick swab with that; Bag Balm was recommended too, smells awful and there was a warning not to overuse it, hard to keep that on one place on a cat, he rubs against everything; I threatened him if he didn't ease up, I would apply one of those charcoal/witch hazel strips intended for treating blackheads on human noses -- this has no alcohol, no salicylates -- unlike most of the goop I use for post-menopausal skin breakouts

15. CandyH & Catcat

WOW !!!

+3 = 95 :joyful:

it's green -- my favorite color :D

haven't seen a green since almost exactly a month ago :)

thanks to everyone who's been helping, advising, cheering, teaching, and propping me up :bighug::bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  16. MrWorfMen's Mom

I am over the moon seeing that PURRRFECT number. animated-feeling-smiley-image-0091.gif Now just surf Catcat.....no shark hunting!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.