? Heated cat beds

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fievel, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fievel

Fievel Member

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with heated cat beds to help ease Cuddles joints. I don't have much money but I also don't want to get one that is garbage. Any suggestions?

2. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you tried using a heating pad set on a low setting?

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

You can also get heat pads that you warm up in the microwave. I have one for my civvie. She has a bit of a predilection for chewing electrical cables ( :nailbiting: ) so it's great to have something cordless. Hers is a Snugglesafe heat pad. It heats up quickly and stays nice and warm for many hours. It comes with a little fleecy cover but the unit itself is rigid. I put a soft fleece blanket on top of the pad to make it more 'cushiony' for her to lie on. She loves it. :)

Mogs

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

That looks really interesting Mogs @Critter Mom
    I might look into that. Thanks.

6. Critter Mom

@Bron and Sheba -

It's a great yoke, Bron. LĂșnasa also has one of those fleece-covered space blankets which she likes, but she lurves the heat pad. :cat:

The fleece cover for the Snugglesafe pad is washable, BTW.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  7. KristinK21

KristinK21 Member

These are so cool, how did I not know about this

8. blu

blu Member

9. Critter Mom

I don't blame the kitty. I wouldn't 'arf mind a human version of that for meself! :cat:

blu likes this.
  10. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I use the K&H pet bed warmers, thermostatically controlled, in my existing pet beds. With a fleece no sew blanket thrown over the top of the warmer, they work great and the fleece blankets are easy to change out and wash as needed. I got the small pet bed warmers from Amazon here. You'll find these other places too.

Critter Mom likes this.
  11. merlinmarshall

merlinmarshall New Member

I have several heated cat beds, both the flat kind and the cup shaped ones. They are very popular in my house. I like them because they only warm when a cat lies on them, and they don't get too hot, or use much electricity. You can probably buy the heating pad part and put it in your own cat bed. A good time to pick them up cheap is at the end of winter when the pet stores are clearancing them. I'd start checking the pet stores that sell them, like Petco and Petsmart, and watch for them to go on sale. That's how I picked up most of mine.

I should say I have picked up both the heating unit and the beds with heating units in them when winter stuff was being clearanced. And that can start as early as January, go figure.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Reason for edit: clarification
    Critter Mom and KristinK21 like this.
  12. KristinK21

KristinK21 Member

^that is a good suggestion. My cats are so spoiled its somewhat ridiculous

Critter Mom likes this.
  13. Critter Mom

Nonsense, Kristin. Cats have been put on this planet to have as many whims as you can shake a stick at, and we have been put on this planet to pander to every last one of them. We are mere staff, after all. ;) :cat:

KristinK21 and Deb & Wink like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.