Heff (et all) - condo rental

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karrie and Maverick, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Heff is officially ours as of today. We went to take him all the way back to his shelter to show him off and get his microchip. But he was open mouth breathing and snorting so 40 minutes into the 1.5 hr drive I turned back and went home. Made me too nervous. I was thinking he was a very very mellow cat and the drive from the shelter when I picked him up and didn't make a peep.

Remember Heff was the diabetic that was doing poorly - always sleeping and not eating. They were shooting 2units of Humalin blind twice a day. Someone said it was the kibble that they were feeding him that kept him alive. He hasn't had a drop of insulin since the day I brought him home. I did his monthly test last week, mid day, and he popped up a beautiful 50! So I realized the difference between the ride today and the first ride, was he wasn't overloaded on insulin. So no long rides in his future. I'll get his microchip done locally.

Heff is a beautiful boy. He's strong, doesn't like cuddles, and very mellow. He talks a bit, and plays with his squeeky mouse on the pole after we are both in bed sleeping. For some reason in the last few weeks he's taken to being a bit aggressive with Henry. I wonder if he's trying to play. Henry is a scardey cat. For the first couple months he'd run and hide in the bathroom when I pulled out a cat toy. He was turned in at the shelter at 8 months old and spent 13 months there. Heff will go up to Henry (who lies on his back a lot) and bite into his neck!!!! Lots of growling and hissing follow from Henry. I'm not sure whats going on. Heff was very respectful of Victoria and Henry's personal space until the past couple of weeks.

Henry is on an allergy food and hasn't had a poopy bum in a month WOOOHOOO. Still have to do xrays to find why his tail won't lift up higher and he seems a little stiff walking.

Victoria is still her charming, soft, lap loving self. She has discovered my husband has a lap so I'm feeling a little unloved LOL.

Heff
    [​IMG]

Victoria
    [​IMG]

Henry
    [​IMG]

2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

congrats on officially being Heff's caregiver - how wonderful is that! I remember os story - thank goodness you rescued him. He looks like such a great addition to you family. I love the photos too. What a wonderful group!

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Karrie,
    Thanks for the update on your crew. I'm sure that Heff and Henry will come to terms. So Victoria is still "in charge"? It is somehow appropriate. Love your new pics. These three kitties are so lucky that you stepped into their lives. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thanks for all that you do to keep everyone informed here in LL. You are the BEST!!

Hugs to you, DH, and the kitties,

Ella & Rusty

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

He's a beauty.
    Congratulations on getting a really really good home, Heff! :D

5. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

BTW, I live in Toronto but am from near you: Hull, now known as Gatineau.

My Beautiful Tom was adopted at the Ottawa Humane Society in 1993....

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yay - I love Henry, Heff, and Victoria updates!!! They are all such beautiful kitties, but I do love that picture of Henry hanging over the railing - although it would give me a heart attack if it was happening in my house!

Hopefully things will settle out with Henry and Heff soon. It sounds like everyone is finally starting to get very, very settled.

I agree...what a lucky group of kitties!!!

Amy

7. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Whoo Hoo on Hef being officially yours so happy for you Karrie with your new fubaby family (((((hugs)))) from us

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on officially having a new addition to the family.

FWIW, Gizmo often grabs Gabby by the back of the neck. It's a dominance thing. (Either that or Heff hasn't figured out that Henry is a boy!) And Gabby yells at Gizmo.

9. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new addition. Perhaps he was upset in the car because he thought you were taking him back. They are certainly a beautiful crew. I hope he and Henry work out their differences. Maybe Heff doesn't really know how to play. I've had a few like that. Thanks for the update. Please continue to keep us posted.

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Karrie, your condo and Heff being officially yours is the highlight of my day. They are all beautiful kitties and so so lucky to have you and DH as their caregivers. Maggie used to bite my GA Siamese boy kitty on the neck, and silly me just thought she was trying to make love with him. So Victoria is sweet on DH, so cute. I hope Henry comes around and is not so frightened. It's so hard to know what happened in their past and how it affects them today. Give them all scritches and belly rubs from us. Hugs to you.

11. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie, thank you so much for your update on all three kitties. Big congratulations on adopting Hef. Simon also gets aggressive with Cleo at times and tries to bite her but Cleo forgives him in the end. I love the pictures...all three are so cute. The one of Henry is hilarious!! Does he hang out on the bannister often? It is funny how the girls seem to always go for the DH's. Cleo is pretty sweet on my DH but Simon is all mine! Have a great evening and thanks again for the updates.

12. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on Heff officially becoming part of the family!!! Such a wonderful update on all three.... Willie used to do the same with Miss Belle... it too was a dominance thing, I think.

13. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Karrie-
    you have the most giving of hearts...to give lovely lives to those 3 darlings when you had gone through so much...
    you are truly one of my heroes!

and they are all cuties!

14. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the nice comments. I still get heart flutters thinking that I am the mom to THREE so close in age. You guys gave me perspective on this, but I took the leap of faith. I do feel blessed to have them in my life. Victoria is still in charge. She's sleeping away on my lap right now.

Thanks for the feedback on the biting. I will be looking this up to see what it means and what I can do. If it gets more frequent I was planning on buying an electronic dog door so Henry can have a place to escape to. The last few days have been uneventful.

I admit I was a little jealous that all three of them now love DH. Maverick was 100% all mine - he wouldn't even walk on DH's side of the bed and slept at my side. In a way that made me feel special. I'm glad DH is a little more open to these guys and making an effort to bond with them in a way. Victoria is back on my lap this morning. I wish I could refill my coffee and keep her on my lap LOL. I'll just have to wait for my refill. A sleeping cat on my lap is better than coffee any day.

I would never have had the courage to even foster Hef without you guys. He is very lucky we found FDMB.

15. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie
    You are doing such a wonderful job with your Kitty Krew. They are all adorable.

BTW...Sid seems more empowered having a place to call her own since I've installed the pet door. She finally got the hang of it last Sunday and kept going back and forth....."Watch me mommy, no hands!" She was very proud of herself. I do let Curry in at night, but at least Sid can eat in peace.

Congrats on making the adoption official with Hef.

16. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Dear Karrie!!

I'm late getting to this but I love the photos and congratulations on Heff now being ALL YOURS!!! WOOOTTT!!! What a great update for them all. I hope Henry and Heff sort it out and they all grow to be close friends.

What lucky, lucky kitties!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.