Hello . . . Again

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tina and Boozle, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

It has been quite a while since I have been here. Frank passed quite some time ago, but that poor guy was pretty bad off when we got him. As old as he was and having FIV, we did pretty well to give him a few years to be safe, warm, and loved before he went. We took in another feral last summer whom we suspect may be related. He is a healthy boy who hasn't had any issues outside of an under-the-tail tango with tape worm.

Fast forward a few years and now we have another kitty, Boozle, diagnosed with diabetes. We just got him home and our end of this starts about 8pm EST, so I am roaming around the boards, trying to reeducate myself. I have forgotten almost everything. I know, kinda selfish to pop in and out as I need. I never knew enough to be helpful, really.

Anyway, He has some protein in his urine, which could mean some other underlying issue, so there is that. The basic orders are test, feed, give one unit of ProZinc twice a day and monitor behavior. About the only thing I remember was switching Frank to Lantus. I also remember there came a time when we simply could not afford it any longer.

Odd thing, though. Both Frank and Boozle were strays from the same neighborhood. Boozle is younger. They are both long-haired rag-doll cats. They both had issues with their teeth. Frank had lost all but two of his teeth before he came to us, and whatever it was, was never diagnosed. We've spent about $1000 gradually having Boozle's teeth removed to fix a rare mouth infection. Maybe they were related?

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone. I'm gonna go stalk the boards and do some reading. I welcome any thoughts you may have, as well.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome back Tina. I'm sure you are going to get input when you do some posting on the other forums. I am not terribly knowledgeable or experienced, so really can't offer any suggestions, but I wanted to say hi to you and Boozle. What a beautiful kitty! I wish you the very best with Boozle's care and treatment. I hope you find the answers and support (that's a given) you need here. :cat:

3. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

Hi! We've been here before, so we are just settling in. I remember how helpful it was to have the spreadsheet to log Frank's progress, so I have been setting up the new spreadsheet and profile for Boozle. That and refreshing my knowledge via the resources here. Speaking of spreadsheets -- about time for that +4 test. Thank you for the warm greeting, Lou!

-Tina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.