Hello All from Karen & Junior

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen & Junior, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen & Junior

Karen & Junior New Member

Formerly known as Kay & Junior.
    My Baby was diagnosed with Diabetes on 6/16/2010, and this past spring he went into remission, really, huh, after 5 years, but it was also 3 days after his brother passed, so Sparky sent wishes from Over the Bridge to his little brother. now his little brother Junior, has another problem, had to bring him to the vet yesterday am, vomiting and diarrehea, looked like he had a prolapsed rectum, which he didn't, he was constipated and his rectum was protruding due to the buildup in his system. During the exam, they discovered he has heart disease, specifically , Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, also known as HCM.
    So, we are back again, so maybe all you wonderful people can help calm me down!

2. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Hugs I am wincing at the list of medical problems, I know it sounds over whelming but it can be done step 1 is breath in and out step 2 is believe you and baby can do this step the is breath again. I know nothing of the second illness but the first is very manageable have faith in yourself and your fur son.

3. Kathie Lucas

Kathie Lucas New Member

Hi, my name is Kathie and I just joined yesterday. My sister passed away a year and a half ago and I promised her I would take care of her 2
    cats. Dorothy and Miss Kitty. Dorothy was just diagnosed as diabetic as well as having hyperthyroidism. This all came about when Dorothy had a growth by her ear and had surgery to have it removed. It turned out to be malignant, but would not metastasize to major organs. Now the diabetes diagnosis. Will see the vet tomorrow and find out how to take care of the diabetes. My own cats, who I adopted years ago from a kill shelter are aging and Looie, has megacolon which also needs care. Three syringes of Lactulose a day and 2 Cisapride pill along with that. When he gets backed up my husband and I give him a Pet Enema which is another story. I understand how you feel now. It's such an overwhelming feeling when our little friends depend on us for their lives. Remember whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Somehow we'll get through it, have faith.

4. Madeline528

Madeline528 Member

Hi Kathie! My name is Madeline & I recently joined. My Layla was diagnosed last month as a diabetic. I also have another cat Princess, who is 6yrs old & was diagnosed with megacolon at 3 months. Since then I been giving her 1/4 teaspoon of marilax with her food & 0.1 ml of liquid cisapride 3x a day. It works terrific, no back ups! 6 yrs ago, I found megacolon support group. They all used marilax & cisapride liquid. I hope this helps Looie!!

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.