Hello! Brand new to Forum - Need advice with dosage/regulating

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SilverSap, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverSap

SilverSap Member

Hi Everyone! I have been reading posts for the last few months and it has been very helpful as my 6 yr old cat was diagnosed with diabetes in May of this year. I am finally posting myself to see if anyone might be able to help give some support or advice as we have had no luck in regulating Blackberry. Blackberry was not overweight when diagnosed and is seemingly a "young" kitty. He showed no behavioral concerns except sudden weight loss which is why we brought him to the vet. Since the diagnosis, he has been on a wet food diet only (Wellness Complete Health Natural Wet Canned Cat Food). When first diagnosed, Blackberry was on Lantus. We started at 1u twice daily, that got bumped up to 2u twice daily, and in July/August we were working with 3u once daily in the morning. We were never able to get him on a regular pattern. We take his BG twice a day pre-shot and have done so since the very beginning. He gained weight back almost immediately which was wonderful!

As of earlier this month he has been switched to the ProZinc and we are having the same trouble of finding any sort of regularity in his readings. His SS is in my signature. We were able to do 2 curves last weekend which were both very random and unclear as you can see in his numbers. As of today, I spoke with the vet who would like us to increase his dosage by .5 when his BG reads above 200. Hoping that someone might be able to lend some support or suggestions!

Additional info: Blackberry is 1 of 3 kitties in the house. They are on a good schedule of twice daily feedings.

Blackberry's SS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c3LkQpjmLw9rPCC1U_ZcxiHmaFhZWO3Lb9dFy34XHyA/pubhtml

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Welcome. I commented on your post in the Health forum

3. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

It looks like he's bouncing. When kittys numbers drop down, their livers think they have to make more glucose to make up because of the low numbers. That pushes his numbers up. I don't know much about Prozinc, but Im sure someone will be by soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.