Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mom2Ginger, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom2Ginger

Mom2Ginger New Member

I've just joined this forum. Our sweet girl Ginger, was diagnosed with diabetes back in August. The vet started her on Novolin N. I am diabetic myself, so he was open to training us to do her testing at home. I found a group for diabetic cat owners on FB and joined that.

Between changing her food to wet food and the insulin, Ginger went into remission and was good without insulin for about 2 months. Then I noticed she wasn't acting like her normal self and tested her blood. It was back up over 500. She is now on Lantus which we're told is great. Unfortunately, I don't feel it is helping much. She's now at 3 units twice daily and still has high numbers. Hoping to learn more here about how to help her.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Kathy and Ginger. Ginger is a gorgeous girl!

I'm so sorry to hear Ginger came out of remission. Lantus is a great insulin for cats and while no one can guarantee remission for any cat, the odds are better with Lantus than the Novolin N.

I see you've jumped right in and done a signature and a spreadsheet already which is great. I can see when Ginger went into remission and when she restarted insulin on the spreadsheet but it would be helpful to add that info into your signature too for quick reference.

Here is a LINK to some reading material to get you started. Come join us over on the HEALTH BOARD and ask any questions you might have.

3. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Welcome! What a beautiful girl you have! Mr. Kitty and I joined a few days ago and I can’t say enough how great this forum is.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Kathy and Ginger, and welcome to FDMB. You will find lots of great information and support here.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

6. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome Ginger and Kathy! Sorry to hear Ginger has come out of remission. My Coco has been in remission for a few months and I hope the trend continues. She has off days, but her numbers are holding well. You've come to a great place for support!

7. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.