Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jackie & Ms. Soleil, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie & Ms. Soleil

Jackie & Ms. Soleil Member

Hello everyone! My name is Jackie, and my fur baby, Soleil, was diagnosed with diabetes on 3/9. It’s been quite an emotional rollercoaster this past week, and I’m glad I’ve found a place to get advice to help her live a long fulfilling life. I look forward to getting to know some of you during my journey with her and her brother Flash.

I hope everyone has a great day!

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Jackie and Soleil. There is a wealth of information and support here on FDMB. I remember well the emotional rollercoaster on diagnosis! But you can take a deep breath now and know that what you need to learn is here.
    You can review the information in the Getting Started and Education sections on the Home Page..very good "starting out" info. There is also a FAQs forum here with lots of links to what is applicable right now and for future use.
    If you would take a few minutes now, create a signature so that Soliel's information is available with your posts.
    (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.
    Another thing that will help us help you is to set up a spreadsheet like the one we use here to record insulin injections and blood sugar testing results. We can all see it and look at it before offering advice:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/understanding-the-spreadsheet-grid.156606/
    Going forward please post in the Main Health forum HERE so that more members can see and respond. This Intro forum is just the welcome mat and we don't want to miss any questions and concerns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.