Hello FDMB group , so many concerned furbaby parents and caregivers , wow !

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Paula Milloy, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paula Milloy

Paula Milloy New Member

My own small group of kitties do not have diabetes ...yet . I am very much afraid of treating any cat with diabetes . I am here to learn from all you who have gone before me , so I can overcome my fears with knowledge . I hope very much I will be allowed to be a member of this brave and loving group of sugar kitty parents even though I am not yet needing to use this knowledge . I do have a geriatric cat Lex , who has several health problems , that keeps me worried . Thank you for considering my kitties and I to be part of the group .

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Paula, I think it's wonderful that you have an interest in how we look after our sugar kitties "just in case". In the course of dealing with the diabetes, we also come across a lot of other ailments that may or may not be directly related to diabetes, so this board has a lot of other valuable kitty care info too. The learning curve can be a bit steep at the beginning but with the help of the folks here, we have all managed to get the hang of it only to realize all our initial fears were over the top crazy. There is lots of information about testing, injecting, diet etc. on this board and you are free to browse to your heart's content. Hopefully you will never have to walk this path with us, but you are welcome here. If you do have any specific health questions about any of your "civvies' (our nick name for our non-sugar kitties), feel free to post them on the Feline Health - Main Forum. :)

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hello other Paula. Very wise of you to be proactive. Maybe can take a few ideas (i.e., ditch dry food) and put them in use to prevent FD in any of your furkids.

Good luck, Paula

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Paula! Welcome! Yep, lots of 'extra sweet' sugarcats here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.