Hello from California

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Dex & Ollie, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex & Ollie

Dex & Ollie Member

Hi everyone-- my cat, Dexter, was diagnosed with diabetes in August (on the first day of school...not my best teaching day!) and I've been using this board to figure out how to do everything. Thank you all for your help!

I've been testing his blood regularly and switched him to an all canned food diet, so things seem to be okay. I was crossing my fingers he'd be in remission by now, but now I realize that was a fantasy! I guess from his perspective, things seem to be going pretty well - he loooves wet food. Anyway, thought I'd say hi!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Dex & Ollie. Remission is always the hope and it may still be achieved, don't give up yet. Would you create a signature so that Dexter's information is available when you post? Here is a link on how to do that:
    SIGNATURE
    I also suggest you get a spreadsheet going showing your insulin injection dose and times, as well as the BG testing you are doing. That information is going to help the more experienced members (especially the members who use the same insulin) offer some suggestions that may help Dexter to remission. The more data provided the better, so if you have written records from diagnosis, you could plug them in. Here is a link: SPREADSHEET
    You don't mention what insulin you are using, but each insulin has a support group forum here on the board. It may be very useful to you to visit that forum and read the information in the yellow tagged "Info" and "Sticky" items. Lots of information in other areas of the board and please post questions, concerns or issues in the Feline Health (Main) Forum. More eyes to see and get responses.

4. Dex & Ollie

Dex & Ollie Member

Thanks for your feedback-- just created a signature!

5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Terrific! Dex is a very handsome guy, he looks so soft!

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Very handsome kitty! :)

7. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

Hello to you both! Such a handsome guy you have. My boy Pita is on ProZinc so I may not see you too much since it's a different forum but I too live in Los Angeles! Figured I'd say hello :cat: Feel free to tag me anytime if you need help since we're in the same time zone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.