Hello from Conan

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Conan&Leno'sMom, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conan&Leno'sMom

Conan&Leno'sMom New Member

Hello from Conan's mom. Coney was diagnosed this past Thursday. He is about 17 pounds and vet has him on insulin (just started Friday morning at the vet and the last few days at home) and curve testing every 2 weeks for a couple months. We bought an at home testing kit, wet food (pate kind that I read about around this website and on a Facebook group), and he's been doing okay with the needle poke; he purrs when we have to poke him! He's a sweet loving cat and such a cuddler. My fiancé and I were really sad when he got diagnosed but we are feeling better after reading posts here and on Facebook about Coney getting better.

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! Do you have two kitties? Congratulations on getting off to a good start with BG testing and switching to wet food. We can help you navigate these waters. If you post on the main health forum more people will see it. Adding some info such as Conan's age, other health issues he might have, what insulin you're using, what dose he gets and what his recent blood glucose test numbers are would be very helpful. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.