Hello from Deanna & Elliott

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by DeannaD, Mar 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeannaD

DeannaD New Member

Hi, y'all! I'm Deanna. My sweet boy, Elliott, was diagnosed with diabetes a month ago. He started on insulin a week ago and I have tons of questions! Thanks in advance for sharing all your experiences and advice!

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Deanna and Elliott. You are in the right place to find out more about feline diabetes and treatment. There are three basic components of diabetic treatment: proper diet, insulin therapy and blood sugar testing. It's very important to test before injections to be sure it's safe to do so, and monitor how the insulin is affecting his glucose level.
    We can help you learn what the proper diet is, how to home test and about how the insulin you are using works.
    You can begin by reading the Getting Started and Education sections on the Home Page. Additionally, there is a wealth of information in the FAQs forum. It's a steep learning curve, I won't lie to you :) but Elliott is worth every moment spent learning how to help him get to optimal health, and answer those questions that are buzzing around in your head.
    Take a look around, and post questions and concerns in the Main Health forum, more members monitor that forum in order to be of assistance.
    Let us help you and Elliott on this new journey. :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.