Hello from eclipse

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Courtney D Guthrie, Dec 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney D Guthrie

Courtney D Guthrie New Member

Hello friends. My name is eclipse. I am a 20 year old kitty who just got diagnosed with diabetes.

Hello friends. My elderly kitty is just starting novalin. I am a paramedic and very comfortable with checking his bgl and giving insulin. The last few days. Even with his 1.5 units twice a day his levels have been hi, or atleast 570s. I have been giving him the vet prescribed food but I'm thinking about switching him to fancy feast and see if he does better with that. Any tips or ideas

JanetNJ likes this.
  2. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/welcome-to-fdmb-health-forum-please-read.131183/

Hellow Courney and Eclipse. Welcome. Please click on the link above to take you over to the health forum. There is a wealth of information to go through, so don't get overwhelmed. Take heart in knowing that everyone on this board was new at one time too. The people on this forum are very generous with their time and knowledge so ask questions as you learn.

Here is a link regarding food and their carb content. Most dry kibble is too high in carbohydrates for sugar kitties. Many forum member use Fancy Feast Pate or feed raw. The vet prescribed food is often too expensive and too high in carbs for cats with diabetes.

It's very helpful to have a spreadsheet for your BG numbers and a signature line that contains the most pertinent information.

Once again, welcome to FDMB!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.