Hello from Elliott

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Leslie Donnelly, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leslie Donnelly

Leslie Donnelly New Member

Hi everyone! My name is Elliot, I'm an 11 year old male feline. I was overweight as a youngster, and was given "diet cat food" consisting of corn and various other carbohydrates. Now, I have diabetes. I still love to eat, but the past few days I've been lethargic and I've lost my voracious appetite. I'm worried because I'm not myself. I'm only eating a little of my special diabetic dry food (which I affectionately refer to as kitty crack) I don't really want my canned pate. I'm letting the domesticated canine eat all of my food. Normally, I rule the roost. I won't even eat whipped cream which is my favorite dish :-( I did a search on the forum regarding loss of appetite and I couldn't find answers that I could understand. I don't have my sugar levels checked and I'm not sure if I should add insulin or take some away? I'm new to this, and I'm not the sharpest feline in the shed.
    Many thanks in advance!

Elliott

Attached Files:

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Elliott, welcome to you and your Bean! You sure are a handsome guy! I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but it's very important that you eat. What food are you getting? Maybe we can help find you something you like. Also, are you on insulin, if so what kind and what dose? Will your mom or dad be willing to learn to test your blood glucose levels? It's very easy to do and can help you to get better much more quickly. Here's some ideas to help you to eat a little better in the meantime

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/suggestions-on-how-to-stimulate-kittys-appetite.130770/

Sarah Smith likes this.
  3. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to you Elliott and your human, try heating the meat up in the microwave to a nice warm mouse temperature. That is the way my human does it and I really prefer it that way. I hope you feel better soon. You've come to the right place where you can get all the help you need for your human. :cat:

Sarah Smith likes this.
  4. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

Hello and welcome

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Take a look at the Secondary Monitoring Tools in my signature link and tell us if he is dehydrated, and what you've observed in his food and water intake and output.

6. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Hello handsome guy, to you and your human :) I hope you get to feeling better soon, you can't let the drooler start to think he's in charge :cat:

Sharon14 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.