Hello from Gus Gus!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KeilaKronk, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeilaKronk

KeilaKronk New Member

Hi Everyone! I started my baby Gus Gus (10 years and 5 mo. old male domestic shorthair) on Prozinc today! He was just diagnosed with diabetes on Friday, so I am VERY new to this. It is safe to say I am extremely overwhelmed with all of the information out there; what food is best for him, how to stop the grazing, and the best ways to get us all (his sister Mia is from the same litter and as healthy as can be) on a very normal schedule.

My husband and I are big travelers, with no kids (only fur babies), who go on lots of weekend trips so we will for sure have to make lots of changes in our lives. I am excited to get Gus feeling better, and I don't mind making changes to our lives- there is a lot to do in Los Angeles after all.

I just administered Gus's 2nd shot for the day....and we got through day 1- woohoo!! Wish us luck, and send any of your best tips and advice my way! Excited to be part of such a cool forum :) Meow

JanetNJ likes this.
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

KeilaKronk likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

KeilaKronk likes this.
  4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! Mia is my baby's name. :)

KeilaKronk likes this.
  5. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Wellcome !!

Just take a big breath, you will get the hang of it .

Post in the Main Health forum http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/ any questions you may have.

Regarding the food take a look at the list they mentioned is a very good one, you may need to try a few so that you can find one Gus Gus likes, but there is a good amount of options just make sure is 10% carbs or less and I wouldn't worry too much about the grazing as long as he grazes on low carb food (10% or less)

KeilaKronk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.