Hello From Julia and Mila

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Glamagrrl1978, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glamagrrl1978

Glamagrrl1978 New Member

Hello,
    My name is Julia and my 15 year old baby Mila (Mee-lah) was diagnosed with DM over the weekend. She spent three days in the ICU for DKA and dehydration, and has now come home on 1.5u lantus BID. We have been doing well with feeding and injections since she came home on tuesday. Mila is eating well and getting back to her old self. I don't think I realized how stressed and sick she was. Her weight loss has been pretty gradual over the last year, and we thought that some of her weird behaviors recently had to do with being stressed since moving to a new house in november.

I am an oncology RN, and took care of my little Owen in the last weeks of his life with CKD, so I am comfortable medically managing Mila. I just want to make sure to get the best info I can to keep her for a bit longer, so I'm happy to have found this place. I have a few questions that I will post on the health care forum. thanks, Julia

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! My baby's name is Mia (Mee-uh) :)

Glamagrrl1978 likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and your kitty, Mila. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.